Studio Tomás Saraceno is looking for an architect to join its studio in Berlin.
Studio Tomás Saraceno, an international practice merging art, architecture and scientific-related fields, is currently seeking an architect – full-time with excellent design and communication skills to join the renowned artist’s team.
The studio is a fast-paced, hands-on and experimental environment. Our collaborative approach focuses on interdisciplinary projects of different scales, taking place around the world. Suitable applicants must be inventive, diligent, enthusiastic, and quick-learning, with proven abilities to undertake, complete and articulate a project from sketch, through a computer model, to a build product.
- minimum five years of working experience
- excellent demonstrable graphic and computer skills, namely in Rhinoceros 3D modelling and Grasshopper
- understanding of computational design and complex geometries, with an aesthetic sensibility for composition
- substantial experience in 1:1 prototyping, mock-ups and understanding of various material properties and processes
- excellent working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite Package: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop
- ability to create detailed design developments (collages and layouts) with 3D modelling and post-production techniques
- excellent English with oral and written communication skills. Fluency in German is a plus
- flexible and committed attitude to work. Highly motivated and able to demonstrate initiative in a large team
- good management skills. An ability to set priorities, manage a number of tasks concurrently and work independently
- demonstrable interest in art and architecture
If you are interested in this role please email us a CV, a portfolio – PDF, max 10mb and your salary expectations stating “Architect Job Application” on the subject heading.
3D printing technician
at UCL Barlett School of Architecture