Studio Tord Boontje is seeking a studio manager to become part of its team in London.
We’re looking for a studio manager to join us as Studio Tord Boontje and artist Emma Woffenden prepare to move to a new space in southeast London.
This is a very creative environment where you’ll work closely with Tord and Emma in a small team.
The role has a very broad scope of work which you can make your own.
- general studio-related admin such as utilities accounts, software licences, domains and SSL certificates, registered designs and filing
- manage personnel contracts and monthly payroll instructions from our accountant
- manage external suppliers, such as our web developer and IT support
- managing all project-related invoicing and royalties. You will prepare all paperwork for our accountant and will work with him to manage all things financial, ensuring all studio related payments are made on time
- point of contact for projects and will assist with contracts and fees
- first point of contact for general studio enquiries including new projects
- manage press enquiries
- in charge of all marketing, whether it’s updating our website, creating marketing plans and content for our social media channels or sending out a newsletter using Mailchimp
- managing our online shop which runs on Shopify. You will process orders, manage inventory and answer enquiries
- making travel arrangements
- helping us set up the new studio dealing with all utilities, IT and updating all our different suppliers and accounts
- you should have two years’ experience working as a studio manager in a creative studio
- you should be able to multitask and manage your own workload
- you should be proactive, resourceful and organised
- you should have a keen interest in design and art
- some knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Bridge is beneficial
This is a part-time role for three or four days a week.
Studio Tord Boontje is an established design office based in London, working in the field of product, graphic and furniture design for a range of international clients.
The studio strives to create enticing as well as accessible designs. We like to engage and spark people’s emotions and imagination. The work is often inspired by nature, and new technologies, leading to results that are innovative, lively, romantic and outspoken.
Emma Woffenden is an artist working with mixed media sculpture and installation, she has a specialist training in glassmaking. Her work is focused towards exhibitions and sometimes collaborative research projects with artists and artist groups. She exhibits and lectures internationally and is represented by a gallery in London.
Please submit applications using the ‘apply’ link below.
Deadine for applications: Wednesday 4 December