Part 3 architect
Studioshaw is seeking an experienced Part 3 architect to join its team in London.
We have an opening for a qualified architect with five year experience to join our growing team in east London. We are looking for an ambitious candidate who is keen on developing and growing the practice.
We have an exciting range of projects in the office from new build housing to retrofit workspace and hospitality projects. We are an award winning, design led architecture practice whose mission is to be engaging, energetic and environmentally sensitive. Our purpose is to lift people’s spirits and reduce the damage to the planet in the process.
As a practice, we work on a broad range of projects – from temporary pavilions to large scale residential schemes and have a collaborative approach to design, meaning everyone attends regular design reviews and are encouraged to positively contribute at every stage. We are looking for someone who will become a key member of the team. You will work closely with the practice directors but have the autonomy to push, test and develop projects.
Our office is located on the ground floor of a building on a beautiful street in Shoreditch and is a supportive and enjoyable place to work.
- central Shoreditch office
- competitive salary
- flexible time
- holiday allowance which grows over time
- bike2work scheme
- working from home
- Friday drinks
- two fun days per year (summer and Christmas) and many more social events
- our own beer brewed in the office
- the RIBA pension scheme
- bonus scheme for winning work
- opportunity to be involved in mentorship through RIBA ambassadors
- opportunity to be involved with industry events and activities such as the LFA
The ideal candidate will be expected to undertake the following:
- manage projects and clients
- manage other members of the team when required
- bring new ideas forward for projects they are responsible for
- develop and manage conceptual and detailed designs
- produce drawings and 3D visualisations to capture and communicate the design intent
- participate in design workshops with clients
- undertake the production of information for tender purposes and play an active role in negotiations with contractors
- work alongside suppliers, fabricators and manufacturers to procure specialist items
- work closely with other consultants to coordinate pre-construction information
- undertake regular site visits during construction
- team player
- positive attitude
- self motivated
- enthusiastic and willing to learn
- experience using Vectorworks/Adobe Suite/SketchUp is preferable
- experience working on retrofitting existing buildings is preferable
- experience working across all RIBA stages especially at RIBA stages four and five
- RIBA Part 3 qualification and ARB registered
- excellent writing and presentation skills
- eligible to work in the UK
VISA: for exceptional candidates we would consider visa sponsorship
To apply, please digitally submit the following:
- cover letter outlining your relevant experience and suitability for the position
- short portfolio
The above documents should be attached as PDFs (no links please) and submitted via the apply for job button below quoting ‘Assistant architect position’ as the subject heading.
Remuneration will be relevant to experience.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We encourage applications from those underrepresented in the architecture profession such as Black, Asian and minority ethnic, disabled, LGBTQI+ and women candidates.
Deadline 31st January 2023
We will review all applications by the end of January.
We regret that due to the large volume of applications we can only respond to successful candidates.