StudioXAG is looking for an experienced and confident 3D designer to join its team in east London.
We specialise in concept, design and fabrication for the world’s most exciting shopping destinations. Our projects are diverse and interesting ranging from bespoke displays and pop-up shops and interactive installations to global window roll-outs. If you’re successful you would be joining a medium-sized team of brilliant 2D and 3D designers highly creative environment. You will be trusted to work on projects from concept through to completion and have the opportunity to see some of them come to life in our workshop.
- research, initial concepts, designs and visual mockups
- design development work
- visualisations and renders using Google SketchUp, rendering software and/or Adobe Creative Suite
- creating presentations for clients to present in person or digitally
- supporting colleagues and working on larger projects or accounts as part of team
- design intent detail design or technical design
- collaborating with our internal technical team, project managers and production team to deliver fully resolved designs
What we are looking for in you:
- a confident, fast 3D designer with the ability to produce high quality considered work
- three-plus years’ 3D design experience in a design studio. This would ideally include experience in a retail design team, meaning knowledge and experience of all things to do with creative retail; window displays, pop-up shops, events and activations
- a keen creative eye, with the skills to generate storytelling concepts to help reinforce brand messages and sell specific products. The ability to understand and distinguish a brand’s core message in order to fully interpret briefs and deliverables
- an understanding of marketing strategies to create hype around pop-up spaces, along with knowledge of social media activations and digital/virtual reality
- expert knowledge of SketchUp and Adobe Creative Suite
- knowledge and skills with V-Ray/Cinema 4D or other modelling or rendering packages would be a bonus
- an active interest in all areas of design, with an understanding of fashion and lifestyle brands
- at least a basic understanding of a range of materials, fabrication and assembly processes
This is a full-time position with an immediate start, based at our studios in east London.
If you think this role would suit you, please send a portfolio, cover letter and CV using the ‘apply’ link below.
Salary: £28,000 – £38,000 (dependant on experience)
Benefits: 23 days holiday, annual research trips to Europe, free breakfast, pension, fun team and great company culture, Friday beers and pizza lunches.