StudioXAG is looking for a middleweight-senior level technical designer to join its team in east London.
StudioXAG specialise in art direction, design and fabrication for retail environments. Our projects range from global window roll-outs to pop-up shops and show stopping bespoke displays, we take pride in executing all of our work to the highest standard.
You would be joining a small team in a challenging, exciting and creative environment and you will have the opportunity to work with great brands on interesting projects, and see your work ‘go live’ within a very short space of time.
The role will involve:
- overseeing/advising on all design work at StudioXAG from a technical point of view
- bridging the gap between creative design and production
- producing technical drawings, CAD files for CNC/Laser cutting etc.
- solving technical problems and advising all designers on technical issues, throughout office and all projects
- helping to deliver fully resolved designs to both our in-house construction team and outsourced contractors
- managing junior designers
- working closely with project managers on budgets and costings for entire project to make sure technical and creative integrity is maintained
- lead design on more complicated technical projects
- client facing duties when required
- managing internal and external fabrication processes
- liaising with suppliers, clients and project managers to ensure projects are well communicated and on-track
Our ideal candidate will have:
- a minimum of three years technical design experience within the retail display/shop-fitting industry
- an expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, 2D and 3D CAD software
- an active interest in all areas of design, with experience and knowledge in a variety of different design practices
- the ability to produce quick, high-quality work
- an excellent understanding of fabrication, materials and assembly processes
- good attention to detail
This is a full-time position with immediate start, based at our studios in east London.
If you think this role would suit you, please send a portfolio, cover letter and CV.