Substance is seeking a motivated branding project manager to join its office in Hong Kong, China.
Substance is an award-winning multidisciplinary branding and interior design agency focusing on high-end F&B, hospitality and residential projects.
At the very epicentre of Hong Kong’s design revolution, our 22-person shop uses design as a tool to rejuvenate culture and local neighbourhoods, creating works of substance that make Hong Kong a place people look to for inspiration. Ever daring and ever curious, we are constantly venturing into new projects and industries, including the launch of our exclusive line of furniture and lighting.
We attract the type of clients who appreciate uniquely crafted designs and that allow us to do things we could have only dreamed of. With commissions spanning the globe, we are now active in Hong Kong, Seoul, Hoi An, Singapore, Bali, Bangkok, Megève and Rio de Janeiro.
This position will directly report to the managing and creative director, assisting with the predominantly strategic and branding project teams from strategy to design concepts and execution. The candidate will ideally have excellent writing skills in both English and Chinese with some project management experience and be familiar with the media within the Hong Kong and regional market.
We are looking for an ambitious individual who understands the value of meaningful aesthetics and has a penchant for building relationships with a variety of clients, ranging from luxury, retail, food and beverage, fashion and hospitality. You will work in a creative and flexible environment with a never-ending slew of new experiences at your doorstep.
Who we are looking for:
- a person with a desire for making great things happen
- an enthusiastic, energetic project manager who is excited by the diversity of work we produce
- a proactive problem-solver and planner who is always thinking ahead and with exemplary organisation skills
- an ambitious individual who can contribute to the culture of our agency, as much as the delivery of our projects
- a calm, organised and flexible under pressure person, who can manage multiple streams of work at once, to a consistently high standard even to tight deadlines
- a naturally confident communicator – equally comfortable presenting back to the team, as leading a client call
- a manager with the ability to set, lead and manage his teams
- managing day-to-day communication with clients from pitch, brief, strategy to production
- manage timelines, identify and liaise with all third party production partners for all projects
- daily communication with vendors and clients, account management and project management of on-going projects
- sourcing products from global suppliers and obtaining physical samples for clients
- liaising with suppliers and third-party vendors or consultants
- managing incoming media requests and building relationships with industry journalists; creating, executing and measuring media campaigns; leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media
- develop and cross-proof content for all ranges of creative development and marketing, including client presentation copywriting and editing work, branding, referral marketing, prints, plus digital media like websites and social media
- assisting with reports, timelines and agendas
- assisting in other various administrative tasks as directed by the creative director
- bachelor/degree with at least two-three years’ experience
- fluency and writing skills in English and Chinese
- excellent communication skills and creative writing skills
- proven organisational ability to manage multiple projects at a time under a high-speed environment, while paying strict attention to detail
- be highly creative and imaginative
- an interest and understanding of design, lifestyle and gastronomic vocabularies is essential
- social media savvy
All interested candidates, please submit your CV with availability date and expected salary. A portfolio submission is not required for this position, but candidates are welcome to submit.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. All applications will be held for a period of up to three months should more positions open.
Curious? Visit our website.
Please submit applications using the ‘apply’ link below.