Substance has an opportunity for a senior graphic designer to join its studio in Hong Kong, China.
Substance is an award-winning multidisciplinary branding and interior design agency focusing on high-end F&B, hospitality and residential projects.
At the very epicentre of Hong Kong’s design revolution, our 23-person shop uses design as a tool to rejuvenate culture and local neighbourhoods, creating works of substance that make Hong Kong a place people look to for inspiration. Ever daring and ever curious, we are constantly venturing into new projects and industries, including the launch of our exclusive line of furniture and lighting.
We attract the type of Clients who appreciate uniquely crafted designs and that allow us to do things we could have only dreamed of. With commissions spanning the globe, we are now active in Hong Kong, Hoi An, Singapore, Bali, Bangkok, Megève and Rio de Janeiro.
Curious? Visit our website.
We are looking for an ambitious, creative and inspirational senior graphic designer with a proactive and hands-on mindset to lead our graphic team in Hong Kong.
The successful candidate will be both an independent problem solver, as well as a proven team player when it comes to getting the job done. He must be passionate about applying branding, colour, and typography across print and digital platforms and will be responsible for creating and overseeing the production of design assets for all of our clients’ brand touch points offline and online. We’re looking for an individual who takes details and aesthetics seriously, and is interested in taking on the most challenging and rewarding projects around the globe.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, get excited about finding smarter ways to do things, and have a burning desire to be part of a winning team where you can truly make a difference, we want to meet you.
- oversee all graphic design projects, from conception to delivery
- manage a team of junior designers to ensure all work produced meets client briefs. Project manage the design assignments, ensuring all work is produced on time, to budget and to a high standard
- take overall responsibility for all on and offline work produced for our clients
- lead internal creative meetings from conceptual to final production stage
- research and determining strategies to deliver a clear message to different target audiences and develop brand concepts
- creating designs and production files for printed collaterals, illustrations, packaging, brochures, sales and marketing materials, on-site artworks and signage
- report to Substance’s creative director and project managers and work closely with interior and product design teams on transversal projects
- help to source and manage freelancers as and when required
- providing art direction to third parties such as photographers, illustrators and video production teams
- at least five years of experience in a similar role, ideally in F&B/hospitality/retail projects (candidates with shorter experience will not be considered)
- expert knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite
- strong team management and mentoring skills
- fully fluent in English, Cantonese and/or Mandarin is a plus
- highly motivated and reactive, passionate about design and a good team player
- extremely detailed with a creative flair and strong eye for design
- able to multitask under tight deadlines
- self-motivated and hard-working
Working language: English
Salary: based on experience, negotiable.
Please submit the application package including a CV and portfolio, all in English using the ‘apply’ link below.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.