Junior interior designer
at Suna Interior Design
Suna Interior Design is looking for a talented junior interior designer to join their team in London.
We are an award-winning London based boutique design agency, providing creative interior design services for property developers in both the commercial and residential sectors.
At Suna we benefit from working on an exciting range of projects and our team employ a multitude of skills to take the designs from concept through to completion. We love to see our projects installed and are incredibly hands on throughout the whole design process.
As a junior, you would be reporting into the lead designer and you would be honing your skills in all areas of the job, from space planning to 3D visualising, FF&E specifying to detailed drawing. We are looking for a candidate who can bring creative ideas to the role, someone who is enthusiastic to learn and progress to running their own projects.
This position is based at our office in London SW19.
General overview of the role:
- key member of the design team working alongside Designers, the lead designer and directors across the different services that Suna provide
- co-ordinating with the wider team to make sure the scope of works is completed correctly and to deadline
- preparing as required drawings including plans, elevations, details and 3D sketches, including rendered visuals for final presentation
- supporting the wider design team as required in drawing tasks and preparation of specifications and schedules
- sourcing and specifying furniture, wallpapers, fabrics, materials and products according to set budgets
- research, create, prepare and present (where appropriate) concepts and mood boards
- understanding project briefs, developing design concepts in collaboration with the design team. Researching and gathering information and design insight relating to the project
- space planning and pricing plot moves
- working to set budgets, ensuring profitably for the projects
- assisting on installations with designer and install team
- attend client meetings and presentations with the assistance of a lead designer as appropriate
- assisting on multiple projects at one time
- time management to make sure all client deadlines are met and the design work is not compromised
- communication and collaboration with the wider Suna team (ops. and finance) to ensure smooth running of all jobs being worked on
- keeping up to date with new developments and design trends in the design industry
Required experience and skills:
- one to two years of professional, related experience
- interior design degree or relevant qualification
- highly proficient in using Adobe Suite, AutoCAD, SketchUp and Podium (an advantage)
- experience using EstiPC or EstiMac an advantage
- an eye for design and colour, with good 3D and spatial awareness
- good knowledge of UK suppliers (furniture, fabric, wallpaper, flooring, lighting, etc.)
- strong organisational skills, to ensure each project is completed on time and to budget
- strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- confidence to build professional relationships with clients and suppliers
- project management skills, including ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- ability to work effectively as part of a team, on multiple projects
- desire to learn and develop
- comfortable following a client’s brief, mindful of the timeline, deliverables and scope
- ability to bring innovative and fresh ideas to each project
- comfortable working on a broad spectrum of projects at a fast pace and able to quickly adapt to different processes