Suna Interior Design has an opportunity for a mid-weight interior designer to join its London practice.
Suna Interior Design is an award-winning London-based boutique interior design consultancy providing interior services for property developers and the hospitality industry. We work on a variety of projects across the UK, involved in the whole design process, focusing on all aspects of interior design from furniture, fixtures and fittings — FF&E to interior specification and the final design and fit-out.
We are currently seeking a permanent, mid-weight interior designer to join us within the specification and marketing suite team at our London SW19 office.
General overview of the role
- key member of the specification and marketing suite team working alongside designers and the lead designer producing full internal specifications for residential property, marketing suites and hotels
- direct liaison with clients to run own projects and guarantee client satisfaction
- report back to the directors/lead designer with updates on projects and client feedback
- keep an overview of budgets to guarantee efficiency and profit margins
- taking the lead on specific projects and co-ordinating directly with the client to make sure the scope of works is completed correctly and to deadline
- working on multiple projects at one time
- time management to make sure all client deadlines are met and the design work is not compromised
- reporting progress and providing project updates to the directors/lead designer on all projects being worked on
- developing initial ideas and acquiring key information about potential projects, discussing requirements in detail with clients and helping set project schedules
- understanding clients’ needs and the needs of the people using the building, developing design concepts in consultation with the client and helping establish final briefs
- sourcing and specifying materials and products according to set budgets
- researching and gathering information and design insight relating to the project
- guaranteeing consistency in all ‘sample, mood, design’ boards for presentation to clients in the agreed format for the company
- working closely with the client in-house team and subcontractors to include – but not limited to; quantity surveyors, contractors, architects and marketing personnel to complete projects successfully
- preparing as required drawings including plans, elevations, details and 3D sketches, including rendered visuals for final presentation
- supporting the wider design team as required in drawing tasks and preparation of specifications and schedules
- keeping up to date with new developments and design trends in the design industry
- creative and imaginative
- strong communicator
- flexible attitude
- strong team player
Qualifications, skills and experience
- fluent in AutoCAD
- fluent in SketchUp and ideally Podium Rendering or knowledge of basic rendering programmes
- proficient in Adobe Suite, in particular Photoshop and InDesign
- good technical and detailing skills, basic knowledge of UK building regulations and construction methods within the residential sector
- proactive in identifying issues or problems
- excellent oral and written communication skills
- excellent planning and organisational skills
- capable of working in a fast-paced environment
- ability to work effectively as part of a team, on multiple projects
- some knowledge of relevant suppliers across a wide budget range would be advantageous
- CSCS card holder preferable
- full UK driving licence preferable
- £25,000 – £28,000 per annum – depending on experience
Please include all of the following. If any part of the application is missing, your application will not be considered.
- send your CV and portfolio
- please include your current salary and salary expectations
- all attachments must be in PDF format and in total under 5MB
Due to the volume of applications we can only reply to successful candidates.
We look forward to hearing from you!
No agencies please.
You must sign in to apply for this position.
Part-II/recently qualified architect
at Kennedy Woods Architecture
KTP associate — product design engineer
at University of Plymouth