Suna Interior Design is looking for a talented mid-weight interior designer to join the team in London.
We are an award-winning London based boutique design agency, providing creative interior design services for property developers in both the commercial and residential sectors.
At Suna we benefit from working on an exciting range of projects and our team employ a multitude of skills to take the designs from concept through to completion. We love to see our projects installed and are incredibly hands on throughout the whole design process.
As a mid-weight, you would be working alongside our seniors and reporting in to the lead designer. We are looking for a candidate who can bring interesting and creative ideas to their designs, someone who can work collaboratively and with proven experience managing their own projects.
This position is based at our office in London SW19.
General overview of the role:
- key member of the design team working alongside designers, the lead designer and directors across the different services that Suna provide
- direct, independent liaison with clients to run own projects and guarantee client satisfaction
- report back to the directors/lead designer with updates on projects and client feedback
- keep an overview on budgets to guarantee efficiency and profit margins
- taking the lead on specific projects and coordinating directly with the client to make sure the scope of works is completed correctly and to deadline
- dealing directly with clients, including attending and running client meetings and presentations without the assistance of a director/lead designer where necessary
- managing multiple projects at one time; this may include working overtime to complete projects in time to meet deadlines
- time management to make sure all client deadlines are met and the design work is not compromised
- reporting progress and providing project updates to the directors/lead designer on all projects being worked on
- developing initial ideas and acquiring key information about potential projects, discussing requirements in detail with clients and helping set project schedules
- understanding clients’ needs and the needs of the people using the building, developing design concepts in consultation with the client and helping establish final briefs
- space planning of marketing suites, show homes, concierges and communal areas
- research, create, prepare and present concepts and mood boards
- guaranteeing consistency in all ‘sample, mood, design’ boards for presentation to clients in the agreed format for the company
- sourcing and specifying furniture, wallpapers, fabrics, materials and products according to set budgets
- researching and gathering information and design insight relating to the project
- working closely with the client in-house team and subcontractors to include (but not limited to), quantity surveyors, contractors, architects and marketing personnel to complete projects successfully
- preparing as required drawings including plans, elevations, details and 3D sketches, including rendered visuals for final presentation
- supporting the wider design team as required in drawing tasks and preparation of specifications and schedules
- keeping up to date with new developments and design trends in the design industry
- communication and collaboration with the wider Suna team (ops and finance) to ensure smooth running of all jobs being worked on
- creative and imaginative
- strong communicator
- flexible attitude
- strong team player
Required experience and skills:
- three to four years relevant experience
- interior design degree or relevant qualification
- fluent in AutoCAD
- fluent in SketchUp and ideally Podium Rendering or knowledge of basic rendering programmes
- fluent in Adobe Suite, in particular Photoshop and InDesign
- good technical and detailing skills, basic knowledge of UK building regulations and construction methods within the residential sector
- proactive in identifying issues or problems
- ability to quickly absorb company standards and procedures
- excellent oral and written communication skills
- excellent planning and organisational skills
- capable of working in a fast-paced environment
- ability to work effectively as part of a team, on multiple projects
- knowledge of relevant suppliers across a wide budget range
Please apply via the apply for job button below.
This position is only available to applicants based in the United Kingdom