Suna Interior Design has an opportunity for a mid-weight interior designer/architect to join its London practice.
Suna Interior Design is an award-winning London-based boutique interior design consultancy providing interior services for property developers and the hospitality industry. Helen Fewster and Rebecca Tucker head up the London-based studio ensuring that a high level of attention is given to each client and project.
Suna Interior Design works on a variety of residential and hospitality projects across the UK, involved in the whole design process, focusing on all aspects of interior design from furniture, fixtures and fittings – FF&E to interior specification and the final design and fit-out.
Currently seeking a permanent, mid-weight interior designer/architect with experience in interior design to work within the specification and marketing suite team on a variety of residential/hospitality projects from our London SW19 office.
General overview of the role
- key member of the specification and marketing suite team working alongside designers and the lead designer producing full internal specifications for residential property, marketing suites and hotels
- direct liaison with clients to run own projects and guarantee client satisfaction without the presence of a director/lead designer
- report back to the directors/lead designer with updates on projects and client feedback
- keep an overviewofn budgets to guarantee efficiency and profit margins
- taking the lead on specific projects and co-ordinating directly with the client to make sure the scope of works is completed correctly and to deadline
- dealing directly with clients, including attending and running client meetings and presentations without the assistance of a director/lead designer where necessary
- it is expected that the buck will stop with the mid-weight interior designer/architect on projects run by them. This may include working overtime to complete projects in time to meet deadlines
- working on multiple projects at one time
- time management to make sure all client deadlines are met and the design work is not compromised
- reporting progress and providing project updates to the directors/lead designer on all projects being worked on
- developing initial ideas and acquiring key information about potential projects, discussing requirements in detail with clients and helping set project schedules
- understanding clients’ needs and the needs of the people using the building, developing design concepts in consultation with the client and helping establish final briefs
- sourcing and specifying materials and products according to set budgets
- researching and gathering information and design insight relating to the project
- guaranteeing consistency in all ‘sample, mood, design’ boards for presentation to clients in the agreed format for the company
- working closely with the client in-house team and subcontractors to include – but not limited to; quantity surveyors, contractors, architects and marketing personnel to complete projects successfully
- preparing as required drawings including plans, elevations, details and 3D sketches, including rendered visuals for final presentation
- supporting the wider design team as required in drawing tasks and preparation of specifications and schedules
- keeping up to date with new developments and design trends in the design industry
- creative and imaginative
- strong communicator
- flexible attitude
- strong team player
- organised and planning ahead
Qualifications, skills and experience
- fluent in AutoCAD
- fluent in SketchUp and ideally Podium Rendering or knowledge of basic rendering programmes
- proficient in Adobe Suite, in particular Photoshop and InDesign
- good technical and detailing skills, basic knowledge of UK building regulations and construction methods within the residential sector
- proactive in identifying issues or problems
- ability to quickly absorb company standards and procedures
- excellent oral and written communication skills
- excellent planning and organisational skills
- capable of working in a fast-paced environment
- ability to work effectively as part of a team, on multiple projects
- some knowledge of relevant suppliers across a wide budget range would be advantageous
- CSCS card holder preferable
- full UK driving licence preferable
- £25,000 – £28,000 per annum – depending on experience
Please include all of the following. If any part of the application is missing, your application will not be considered.
- email your CV and portfolio to email@example.com
- please include your current salary and salary expectations
- please write ‘mid-weight interior designer/architect’ in your subject for the email and address the email to Steven
- all attachments must be in PDF format and in total under 5MB
Due to the volume of applications we can only reply to successful candidates.
No agencies please.
You must sign in to apply for this position.
Kitchen sales designer
at Tom Howley
Middleweight interior designer
at turnerbates Design & Architecture