Superfutures is hiring a studio manager to join its team in London.
Superfutures is growing design studio and we are looking for a studio manager, who will be responsible under the directors for leading the finance, resourcing, new business, HR, client account management and administration side of the business, as well as marketing and social media.
We are an award-winning interior design and innovation studio based in West London with a critically acclaimed portfolio spans some of London’s most iconic hotel, restaurant and bar designs.
The role requires someone who is entrepreneurial, multitasker and managerial with a hands-on approach. Ambition, problem-solving and facilitating the creative process is a must.
A background in hospitality and/or the creative industries, a clear head for numbers, highly organised and strong multi-tasking skills will be essential; someone who enjoys acting on their own initiative and working closely with the directors, who can prioritise amongst the wide range of tasks and is good at dealing with people and creating a culture within a busy, young studio. It requires excellent communication, perfect level of English, organisational and social skills.
- keep confidential records and documents, holidays and sickness records
- updating consultant competency assessment forms and consultancy agreements when necessary
- organise staff training and appraisals
- issue contracts of employment
- ensure staff adhere to HR policies and H&S protocols
- ensure quality management system is kept up to date
- uupdate overall studio policies alongside Partners and our external HR company
- run weekly planning meetings, minute and report on staff resource and utilisation for the following week
- recruitment and onboarding, including short-term freelance and contract hire (UK, EU, US and international)
- agree strategy with partners for CPD’s sand staff training
- agree strategy with partners for studio trips (local and international)
- work with the IT manager to help manage and maintain the IT infrastructure
- manage and negotiate all studio contracts (phone lines, alarm, electricity, mobiles, etc.)
- manage contract and price negotiations with studio suppliers
- manage petty cash and credit card reconciliations
- ad-hoc tasks assisting the studio and partners
- arrange repairs and maintenance as necessary
- liaise with external suppliers (cleaners, electricians, building management, etc.)
- monitor external suppliers, and take action in the event of poor performance
- be the first point of contact for all internal and external enquiries and issues
- deal with all post and paper correspondence
- ensure timely maintenance of coffee machine, photocopier and other studio equipment
- general housekeeping around the studio to ensure organised, tidy and well stocked
Marketing and social media:
- work with the partners in updating the Superfutures Instagram, website and blog
- creating and compiling credential presentations and pitch documents using InDesign
- arrange project photography
- liaising with PR consultants
- alongside senior management team, budget for and plan social events, birthdays, annual Christmas parties, studio site visits etc.
- oversee and brief the studio team to ensure tidy management of the sample’s library
This is a flexible position, with a potential 3 day week depending on your experience. Starting 20 days holiday plus regular studio trips, regular internal training and CPDs, and bonus scheme.
Salary is dependent on experience – please submit your expectation with your application.