Surface Matter is looking for a sales consultant to join its team in London.
Surface Matter work with some of the most exciting materials out there – from sheets made of recycled paper to panels that play with light. We bridge the gap between the creatives who push the boundaries of architecture and design and the joiners and makers who are so good at bringing materials to life. We are looking for someone with initiative and an interest in surface materials to drive and support sales of our surface materials end-to-end, all the way from initial contact through to sales and aftercare.
The materials we work with are incredibly versatile and can be used in everything from retail and office spaces to kitchens or skate parks, so you’ll work with people from different touchpoints and industries. As sales consultant, you’ll work with people from our materials studio in London Fields – answering enquiries, working through projects, discussing design criteria and material suitability, offering samples, giving technical information to ultimately supply the material and support our network of joiners, fabricators and makers.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to promote innovative materials through solution-based selling, hone their communication and presentation skills, build relations and work with architects and designers to develop exciting specification-led projects throughout the UK and internationally.
- answering enquiries from visits, phone and email– offering information, samples and sales support
- expertly managing and prioritising projects, opportunities, sales and related tasks within our CRM/ERP system, Odoo
- processing international orders all the way from initial enquiry through to delivery and aftercare
- presenting our company and core materials in our studio and at client meetings, design firms, tradeshows and events
- developing relationships with new and existing customers and making useful connections if needed
- reporting on your leads and enquiries, opportunity pipeline and sales
- working closely with our suppliers to build on our relationship, understand their products and keep up to date with lead times and new developments
- proactively troubleshoot issues by identifying opportunities, suggesting solutions and escalating if needed
- discussing and strategising sales, opportunities, marketing, operations and special projects at weekly team meetings
- staying in touch with materials, architecture and design news and events
- a tactful communicator, you’re good at digesting and relaying complex information to people from different cultures and industries
- you care about making the most of any situation and think about the long term
- someone who isn’t afraid to pick up the phone, lead a presentation, or follow up on enquiries
- self-motivated and super-organised, you’re keen to take on multiple projects at once, setting and meeting timelines and goals
- enthusiastic about materials, you crave to know how it’s made and what it can do
commercial sales experience within the interiors, lifestyle retail products, trade sales, furniture, materials, A+D or construction industry a plus
A full-time permanent position in London Fields with an annual salary of £23,00 to £28,000 depending on experience. If this sounds like the job for you, click to apply on the link below, including your CV and a short note about what you like about Surface Matter and this role.