Sales and marketing coordinator
at Surface Matter
Surface Matter is hiring a sales and marketing coordinator to join its team in London.
Surface Matter work with some of the most exciting materials out there – from sheets made of recycled paper to colourful panels that rethink plastic waste. Our design-led surfaces have sustainable qualities and can be used in everything from retail and office spaces to kitchens or skate parks. We’re passionate about well-made spaces that stand the test of time and make you want to hang around a little longer. We bridge the gap between the designers and makers who push the boundaries to bring materials to life, for good.
The sales and marketing coordinator has the unique opportunity to be involved in everything from creating inspiring communications that capture initial interest through to qualifying and nurturing the resulting leads – driving brand awareness, specifications and sales. Keeping us interesting across all touch-points, using your communication and creative skills to generate captivating content, promote materials, share info and give support that follows through on expectations and develops relationships.
A vital spark in our team, you’ll develop projects, support clients and make useful connections along the way – feeding experiences and impact back into our brand, social and business strategies. Touching on everything from the way we work through projects to how we speak to visitors and clients, you’re always helping to refine our message, making sure the materials we love are supported in the right way and on the right projects. You have a great eye for visual, written and verbal details and can use information compiled from research and your own experiences to figure out the next best steps with the long term in mind.
What you’ll do:
- answering enquiries and developing leads into sales – asking questions, identifying opportunities, suggesting solutions and escalating if more support is needed
- continually building knowledge of our materials including applications, availability, lead times, technical and fabrication information and shadowing projects to hone communication skills
- producing quotes, sample orders, processing sales and making sure any related activities are in hand and communicated proactively while setting realistic expectations
- checking on dispatches and aftercare, providing customers with accurate and complete information and setting realistic expectations for material performance, lead times and deliveries
- providing a memorable experience for all clients. Forming + maintaining meaningful relationships with our team, partners, customers + network
- presenting our brand and our materials in our studio, in virtual presentations and at design firms, trade shows and events
- organising photography and sharing project imagery and info to help develop new projects
- planning, execution and delivery of marketing strategies including content creation, brand communications, engaging displays, events, presentations, gifts, press packs, samples and collaborations
- producing studio events, workshops, presentations and exhibitions like Surface Design Show and London Design Festival
- creating and editing engaging copy and images for social posts, press releases, displays, web posts, newsletters + press releases – in with brand standards and any relevant themes/objectives, including developing Q+As and features on key designers, clients and inspiring brands
- researching relevant materials, architecture + design, environmental news and attending events – taking images and sharing content
- reporting on social following, engagement, posts and activities and saving, linking and sharing press features
- updating keywords, search and social ad campaigns
- demonstrating our commitment to positive change, promoting our impact + building a reputable image
- keeping our space organised and full of energy – making sure the studio and samples are accessible and presentable, welcoming visitors, offering assistance and refreshments, arranging presentations and CPDs and setting up for meetings and events or online presentations
- leading weekly team meetings, discussing and strategising sales, opportunities, marketing, operations, projects and areas for action or improvement
- reviewing stationery, packaging, samples + studio refreshments, using local suppliers and keeping stocked with consumables that benefit the community and environment
Who we’re looking for:
- great communication skills – you love talking to people, asking questions, listening, learning + figuring out the next best steps
- highly organised – you like setting and achieving your own goals and priorities to help you deliver projects
- interested – you notice detail and you care about quality
- copywriting + proofreading, CMS/HTML, image editing, experience with exhibitions or other marketing, a plus
- you want to learn how things are made, what materials can do and appreciate design, materials + making
What we can offer:
- full time, permanent position with £25,000 – 28,000 salary and performance bonus, cycle and tech schemes and pension
- 22 plus eight days annual leave, increasing up to 25 plus eight with length of service, plus your birthday off
- professional development reviews + extensive ongoing training and learning
- open plan, inspiring studio with sit-stand desks + healthy snacks and refreshments to keep you going
- team lunches and events
- an opportunity to learn about materials and manufacturing, visit interiors and see objects from projects you’ve worked on
Get in touch
We believe in working with good people, thinking long term and continuously striving to do better. We want everyone in our team to feel valued and to grow with us – regardless of race, religion, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, disability or social, financial, cultural or educational background. Joining our small team in a varied and evolving role means there are always interesting projects to get involved in to help us move forward together while achieving your goals.
If this sounds like the job for you apply with your CV on Stryve.