Surface Matter is looking for a studio manager to join its practice in London.
Surface Matter works with some of the most exciting materials out there – from sheets made of recycled paper to panels that play with light. We bridge the gap between the creatives who push the boundaries of architecture and design and the makers who are so good at bringing materials to life. Based from our office/materials library in London Fields, the studio manager manages the studio, our external communications and customer support.
Our studio manager keeps the studio organised, interesting and full of energy. We’re looking for someone who will take on multiple projects and be the vital spark in our studio. The studio manager is always our biggest champion – boosting our voice and our brand online, in the studio, in meetings and at events. A hugely varied and exciting role, this is the perfect position for someone who wants to bring their creative and organisational skills and really take ownership of our materials studio.
- helping make our space a fun and inspiring place to be by welcoming visitors and clients, offering refreshments, discussing our company and our core materials
- developing and executing interesting and inspiring material displays, events and collaborations to boost visits and engagement with our studio
- giving support to our clients – answering enquiries, offering samples and information, working through projects, making useful connections and troubleshooting any issues
- processing orders from quotation through to dispatch, delivery and after care, directing technical queries to the right team member if needed
- managing office consumables like samples, packaging, stationery and promotional materials
- administrative support, streamlining processes and suggesting improvements, feeding into weekly and monthly reports
- theming, creating and scheduling content for our social media, newsletter, events and website
- staying in touch with materials, architecture and design news and events
Who we’re looking for:
- a great communicator, you’re a people person who’s comfortable communicating people from different industries and cultures
- you see problems as opportunities and you’re good at identifying and suggesting solutions
- an eye for detail, you love systems, planning and executing strategies
- some experience with CRM or ERP/sales systems, you like working on a Mac
- experience managing social media, newsletter and web content for a business
- you have an appreciation for interiors, design, materials, making or manufacturing
- experience managing an office or studio a plus
If this sounds like a good fit for you click apply below, including your CV and a short note about why you’re a great fit.