Sybarite is hiring a Japanese speaking designer to join its growing team in London.
Sybarite is an agile practice of architects and designers that creates immersive, multi-sensory and seductive environments for its clients. Sybarite’s clients are from the worlds of retail, restaurants and hotels, all sharing the desire to create spaces that are tactile, intimate and encourage interaction.
The Sybarite team hails from all over the globe with each member adding their own flavour to how Sybarite thinks, acts and works, united by an appreciation for the finer things in life. The practice prides itself on a culture that embraces collaboration, creativity and innovation to provide its clients with the very best solution.
- motivated and creative interior designer with a passion for creating innovative, high quality designs
- intermediate understanding of retail design and material specification
- experience collaborating with a team in addition to working independently (in accordance with project requirements)
- prepare and present options on internal design reviews, in accordance with feedback from senior staff
- develop designs according to client brief and instruction from senior staff
- monitor potential design risks and report to senior staff accordingly
- work in collaboration, mentor and assist junior staff
- organise and store project information
Skills, qualifications and experience
- fluent in Japanese and English, both written & spoken
- relevant BA (Hons) qualification or above
- advanced level skills in AutoCAD and Rhino (Revit also preferred)
- strong sketching ability
- good communication and presentation skills
- ability to work to tight deadlines and work collaboratively under pressure
- three plus years in a similar role working for an architectural/design practice
- flexible working hours based on a 42.5 hr working week Monday to Friday (arrive between 8am and 9:30am – leave after 5:30pm)
- opportunity to join the company pension scheme following completion of probationary period
- 20 days holiday entitlement plus bank holidays plus Christmas closure (typically an additional five to six days paid leave)
- end of year bonuses, at the co-founders discretion and dependent upon company profits and individual performance
- annual salary reviews
Non-contractual discretionary benefits
- in-house chef providing complimentary cooked lunches, five days a week
- range of personal fitness classes two to three times a week (boxing, yoga, PT)
- monthly life drawing classes held in the office
- £27,000+ p.a
Penthouse, The Aircraft Factory
100 Cambridge Grove
Should you wish to apply for this position, please send your CV and portfolio, including a covering letter by clicking the ‘apply’ button below, no later than 1 July 2020.