Tara Bernerd & Partners is hiring an interior designer to join its team in London.
Tara Bernerd & Partners is currently seeking an all-round middleweight designer to join its ever-growing team. The role will involve working primarily on TBP’s high profile hospitality and/or high-end commercial residential projects.
The ideal candidate will have at least four years’ experience working within the hospitality and restaurant sector, and/or high-end residential and have experience in playing a vital role as part of a team to deliver successful projects to a high level of excellence from initial briefing and concept, to site installation.
The designer will work directly with the senior designer and director team assisting in the design creation and documentation production of interior design projects.
Immediate start preferred.
- basic knowledge of building regulations and building restrictions
- assist in the overall creative direction research and maintain design DNA through-out
- assist in the preparation of client presentation documentation
- assist in the preparation of detail design packages and corresponding specification books
- assist in sourcing and spec writing of all sanitary ware, ironmongery and fixed design elements
- assist in the preparation of decorative lighting, small power and reflected ceiling plans
- assist in the coordination of all FF&E within the detail design packages
- assist in the selection and sourcing of fixed finishes
- developing interior design resources (vendors, professional sources)
Key skills required:
- proficiency in AutoCAD, Photoshop and InDesign
- experience required in sourcing and documenting FF&E and/or selection and documentation of interior architectural finishes
- must meet deadlines and ensure accuracy of all work produced
- must be willing to take initiative and ownership of all tasks given
- familiarity and knowledge of both traditional and contemporary style of interior materials, furnishings, accessories and artwork as well as strong knowledge in sourcing FF&E and finishes
- must be thorough and organised
- good interpersonal and communication skills
- team player, flexible and enthusiastic
- fluent in English