Tara Bernerd & Partners is hiring a junior designer to join its team in London.
Tara Bernerd & Partners is currently seeking an all-round junior designer. The role will involve working primarily on TB&P’s high profile international hospitality and/or high-end residential projects.
The Junior Designer will support the design team, with particular focus on understanding the in-house design philosophy and work to develop their interior design knowledge and skills.
Bachelor’s degree required in interior design or related field.
Immediate start preferred.
- assist in the overall creative direction and maintain design DNA through-out
- contribute in the preparation of client presentation documentation
- assist in the preparation of detail design packages and corresponding specification books
- assist in sourcing and spec writing of all sanitaryware, ironmongery and fixed design elements
- assist in the preparation of decorative lighting, small power and reflected ceiling plans
- research and source suitable items for projects that are in line with aesthetic, and input into schedules
- assist in the coordination of all FF&E within the detail design packages
- assist in producing drawings in the house style and appropriate format for the project and stage
- develop interior design resources (vendors, professional sources)
Key skills required:
- detail oriented and thorough
- must meet deadlines and ensure accuracy of all work produced
- willing to take initiative and ownership of all tasks given
- creative, show a positive attitude and be a team player
- good interpersonal and communication skills
Knowledge of AutoCAD, FF&E software, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and hand sketching is an advantage
Skills in three-dimensional computer rendering software an advantage.