UAL is seeking a technical and environmental studies subject leader to join its faculty in London.
Position: part time
Salary: £47,120 – £56,771 pro rata (£28,272- £34,062.60 per annum)
Location: King’s Cross, London UK
The technical and environmental studies subject leader is responsible for leadership in teaching, curriculum development, and on-going scholarship in technical and environmental studies and in the BA architecture course as
part of the spatial practices programme at Central Saint Martins. Technical and environmental studies includes a wide-range of approaches and skills, including but not limited to architectural structures, materials, construction and environmental design.
The role has a particular focus on developing critical and experimental approaches to the climate and bio-diversity emergencies and other issues facing the spatial and built-environment professions through the teaching and learning of architectural technology. Its purpose is to explore the interconnections between creative production and technical studies in architecture and the built environment, and the intersections between the climate and bio-diversity emergencies and other global challenges, including racial and social justice, with the teaching and learning of
technical skills and regulations.
The post-holder will work collaboratively within the course team to design, deliver and coordinate the teaching and learning of technical and environmental studies. The post-holder will deploy specialist expertise to develop pedagogy and the curriculum in innovative and critical directions and in accordance with the requirements of professional accreditation.
Why choose us?
University of the Arts London is the world’s second University for Art and Design in the QS World University Rankings® 2021. Our diverse and talented community comprises over 5,000 academic, professional, and technical staff. Together we are committed to social purpose. This includes creating a better a more sustainable world and championing race equality.
We offer highly creative working environments that inspire staff across all areas to fulfil their potential and continuous training to further develop their skills and expertise. We also offer hybrid and flexible working practices, and excellent staff benefits to improve your work life balance.
- qualified architect/or engineer with appropriate professional qualifications
- academic qualification to appropriate postgraduate/PhD level
- relevant experience in teaching and academic leadership at university level
- applies an inquiring, innovative and reflexive approach to teaching
- considers equality, diversity and inclusivity in all aspects of teaching and assessment
- shows commitment to understanding the range of students’ experiences within a course
- communicates effectively orally and in writing adapting the message for a diverse audience in an inclusive
and accessible way
- motivates and leads a team effectively, setting clear objectives to manage performance
- collaborates and works effectively within teams and across different professional groups
- fosters inclusive and constructive team-work and problem-solving
- evidence of research, knowledge exchange and/ or professional practice in technical and environmental studies relating to spatial practices, which contributes to its advancement and is relevant to the goals of the programme, college and university
- evidence of using contacts within subject peer group to develop partnerships or collaboration
For further details and to apply please click here.
Closing date: 9 August 2022 23:55
UAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive environments for all staff and students to work and learn – a university where we can be ourselves and reach our full potential. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and staff support networks. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds, including race, disability, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion and belief, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, and caring responsibility.