The Conran Shop is seeking a display assistant to join its studio in London.
The Conran Shop is a leading international furniture/home-store and lifestyle brand founded by Sir Terence Conran in the 1980s, with stores in London, Paris and Japan.
The visual appearance of the store is pivotal, from dramatic window installations to inspiring in-store room sets and beautifully displayed departments. Creating this environment is the responsibility of the visual display team who form the creative heart of the store and constantly strive to excite, inform, surprise and inspire customers.
Job title: display visual merchandising assistant
Type of vacancy: full-time, London
- support and inspire the store staff with visual merchandising and department standards
- generate innovative displays to inspire our customers and create a great customer experience in-store
- working as a team and contribute to the making and installation of large-scale projects such as windows
Key skills required:
- creativity with attention to detail and understanding of commercial visual merchandising
- practical skills to enable the realisation of displays in-store
- organisational and planning skills with the ability to problem-solve and find the best solutions possible
- the ability to work under pressure to tight time schedules
- good communication skills to enthuse and support others
Above all, we are looking for a passionate individual with high standards who will merchandise our products to our inhouse style.
Salary: negotiable depending on experience.
Application method for candidates
Please submit your CV and a short explanation to why you consider you have the suitable skills for the position using the’apply’ link below.
The following recruitment process will take place:
- shortlisted applicants will be notified by email within two weeks of application receipt
- initial phone conversation to discuss the role and requirements
- informal interview with the head of visual merchandising, you will be asked to create a display
If you are invited for a final stage interview you will be asked to prepare some work in advance to present to a panel of two.
Closing date: 5 January.