The Doyle Collection is seeking an interior designer to join its team in London.
The Doyle Collection is a carefully curated collection of eight Irish family-owned luxury and urban hotels. All our hotels are located centrally in London, Dublin, Washington DC, Cork and Bristol. What binds our hotels together is the Doyle service ethos – a real warmth and thoughtfulness.
We are proud to be listed once again as one of Ireland’s Best Large Workplaces for a sixth year running and place our people at the centre of everything we do.
The interior designer/project manager is responsible for the design and implementation of interior projects for the Doyle Collection. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the principles of interior design and the ability to manage projects from start to finish.
- develop and implement interior design concepts for new and existing properties
- work closely with the leadership team to understand business needs and nuances and have the ability to then create design plans that meet the requirements
- manage all aspects of interior projects, including pre-works, budgeting and scheduling, which involves working with suppliers to achieve the best possible value whilst always maintaining a clear focus on luxury standards
- work alongside architects, engineers and contractors to ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget, including coordinating all design works required with the other project team members to ensure that the project runs smoothly
- select and purchase furniture, fixtures and equipment, working with suppliers to find the best products for the project and then negotiating the best possible value
- oversee the installation of furniture, fixtures and equipment; this involves working with contractors to make sure that the products are installed correctly and safely
- conduct regular inspections of properties to ensure that they are maintained in good condition, looking for any signs of damage or wear and tear and then taking steps to repair or replace any damaged items
- a key focus of this role is to ensure that every guest who walks through the doors of our hotels is captivated by the luxurious and beautifully maintained interior design
- ensuring product integrity throughout the hotel, including each and every bedroom is fundamental
- there is a significant crossover with the maintenance team, so ensuring you build a strong relationship with the team is vital
Key skills and experience:
- strong understanding of the principles of interior design, including colour theory, space planning and furniture selection
- excellent project management skills, including the ability to manage budgets, schedules and contractors
- strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively with the business, contractors and other team members
- ability to work independently and also as part of a team, as required
- strong attention to detail and accuracy of execution
- ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- experience working in the luxury hospitality industry or other similar industries is preferable
- a keen eye for details, a creative spirit and a passion for creating beautiful spaces
- ideally the candidate should have between five to seven years of work experience in interior design
- strong knowledge and awareness of suppliers, most recent industry developments, fairs, trends and products for continued professional development
- preparation of professional concepts for clients such as mood boards, preliminary and final designs, development of details, furniture and fixture
- experience working within a small team, working on international projects, in an office where no day is the same and everyone is part of contributing to the work as well as to the atmosphere of the team
- strong experience in custom furniture design
- excellent 2D drawing skills (Vectorworks)
- excellent digital skills to produce presentations (Adobe CS knowledge, particularly InDesign and Photoshop)
- 3D skills (Vectorworks/SketchUp/hand sketches), to be able to study spatial design, FF&E design and create 3D artist impressions
- excellent Microsoft Office skills to be able to set up and maintain schedules and specifications sheets
- London based with the ability to travel Intentionally
If interested, please apply via the apply for job button below.