The Hackney Draper is seeking a bespoke project manager with fabric sourcing to join its firm in London.
Founded in 2014 the Hackney Draper is a multifaceted lifestyle and interiors shop based in the vibrant setting of Chatsworth Road E5. The shop has become a destination point for interior lovers nationally and internationally; stocking a wide selection of unique homewares and textiles, as well as an extensive catalogue of fabrics.
The Hackney Draper offers a bespoke soft furnishings service specialising in curtains, blinds, upholstery and cushions. We are looking for a new addition to the bespoke team to assist in the ever-growing demand for our services.
The role will see you manage all aspects of client projects from consultation through to production and installation. As the bespoke project manager, you will work with the client on designing schemes and giving advice on the soft furnishings, window dressings and paint options in their home; all in line with the unique Hackney Draper aesthetic. You will be responsible for putting projects into production, working closely with the workshop and coordinating with suppliers, whilst keeping clients informed. The Hackney Draper prides itself on its involvement and support of new British designers and the Bespoke project consultant will be encouraged to introduce and present independent designers to the business and clients.
We are looking for a dynamic and creative individual with a keen interest in interior design and textiles to support their application. The position requires exceptional administration and numeracy skills with a keen eye for detail. The chosen candidate will be creative as well as highly organised with a willingness to try new things and drive the business forward.
This is a busy and fast-paced role, offering a great opportunity in both the design and fabrication side of this young and growing company.
Key roles and responsibilities within project management:
- managing all aspects of bespoke projects from consultation through to installation, including the ordering of products, workshop liaison and fitting logistics
- advising clients on suitable colour, fabric and design choices both in-store and during a home consultation
- producing client estimates
- conducting site visits and measuring for client projects
- adhering closely to budgets and managing cash flow
- liaising closely with workshop staff and suppliers
- managing client databases
- working closely with the shop manager and to assist in the smooth functioning and driving of the business
Key roles and responsibilities for fabric sourcing:
- keep abreast of all in house fabric stocks, placing an order for buys where necessary
- ensure all admin/fabric bibles are kept up to date with relevant coding and price information
- negotiate prices with wholesale fabric suppliers
- maintain and update fabric library with new collections and updated qualities
- develop new colours for in-house fabrics for spring/summer and autumn/winter each year
- follow trends within textiles and ensure these are appropriately reflected to align with the THD brand
Skills and experience
- interior design experience and adept in creating mood boards preferable
- a passion for textiles and upholstery
- experience in handling client accounts and requests
- experience in project management and managing budgets a must
- strong communication and presentation skills
- the ability to multitask, maintain focus under pressure and ensure accuracy and attention to detail at all times
- strong administrative skills
- a flexible approach and ‘can do’ attitude, with well-developed team working skills
Salary: £25-30K DOE
This is a full-time position with an ASAP start. Please apply with your covering letter, CV and notice period (if applicable) by Friday 7 February.