The Hickson Design Partnership has an opportunity for a mid-weight interior designer to join its firm in London.
The Hickson Design Partnership is looking for a mid-weight interior architect specialising in hospitality interior design to join its busy London practice.
You would have successfully worked on and/or managed projects from inception to completion for a minimum period of three years and preferably more, demonstrating your proven skills at delivering exceptional international quality design work.
The successful candidate will work on a variety of hospitality projects throughout Europe and will be able to demonstrate the following skills and responsibilities. Therefore previous experience working on luxury hotel projects, in particular, will be a distinct advantage.
- ability to work in/manage creative groups and produce conceptual designs for new projects
- superior knowledge of FF&E selection for hospitality 4 – 5* hotels
- great AutoCAD, Photoshop, InDesign, SketchUp skills are essential requirements
- ability to manage your time and the workflow of projects efficiently
- quality experience dealing with suppliers and contractors
- fully competent in producing detailed FF&E specification, control books with costings, materials, finishes, and sanitary and all aspects of luxury hotels
- excellent communication skills including verbal, written and visual
- exceptional attention to detail
- excellent standard of both verbal and written English
- good verbal and written Italian would be an advantage
- self-confident and receptive to constructive feedback
- working within a team environment on large hotel projects efficiently and effectively
- being creative, precise and consistent
- creating great concept designs, developing these designs and preparing documentation for client review
- specifying FF&E and preparing mood and sample boards
- preparing control books and schedules
- assisting junior designers where necessary
- the skill to visualise concepts and explain and direct them to others
- developing detailed designs and choosing materials appropriate to the brief and handing such to other designers
This position is only available to applicants based in the United Kingdom