There is an opportunity for an operations manager at the lab_ in London.
the lab_ is a collective of five creative companies; urbanlab_, energylab_, spacelab_, sense_ and the depot_. Together we are constantly experimenting and reshaping the boundaries to form exciting, unpredictable outcomes, in pursuit of big ideas that have the potential to evolve and grow.
We are hiring an operations manager to help the lab_ collective grow and thrive. If you are creative, innovative, and looking for a challenge, the lab_ is a great place to grow your career. We look forward to receiving your application.
This role is a 12-month maternity contract, with opportunities for further employment within the lab_ collective.
This role is to maintain the smooth runnings of the lab_ collective.
You will be working closely with both partners of the lab_ on a day-to-day basis as well as the other leaders of the lab_ collective businesses. It requires someone to be one step ahead at all times with a real keen eye for detail and able to act fast under pressure.
- manage the day to day operations of our offices in the Old Street area
- oversee and maintain all facility and supplier contracts
- support both partners with ad hoc tasks
- generate and maintain operational budgets
- recognise and ensure where cost savings can be met
- update and maintain all aspects of risk management throughout the lab_
- be the main point of contact for internal HR purposes
- onboard and offboard all lab_ employees
- work with our external IT company in ensuring all IT requirements are met and maintained
- manage post for all companies within the lab_ collective
- renew and manage all Insurances for the lab_ collective
- proactively identify and implement new processes for the lab_ collective
- assist the lab_ culture team with events, engagement, and reviews
The ideal candidate:
- minimum of two years’ experience in a similar role
- experience in managing multiple departments/businesses operationally
- strong in multitasking and forward-thinking
- highly motivated and enthusiastic individual
- have confidence in liaising with all levels of management and different suppliers
- track record of delivering and meeting demanding deadlines
- ability to work flexibly and under pressure
- exceptional organisational skills
- Access to events within the lab_ as well as other perks and discounts
- Flexible working
- Sociable, non-hierarchical, ‘family feel’ culture
- Learning and development opportunities
- Wellbeing and mental health initiatives
- Private health, optical, and dental insurance
Salary: from £30,000 – £40,000 FTC
Type: 12-month contract (flexible on the number of days per week)
Location: Wenlock Road, N1
Start date: June 2022
Reports to: partners
If you’re interested and think you would thrive in a fast-paced and rewarding environment, please submit your CV via the apply for job button below quoting ref: TL_OM_22, along with a covering letter.
No agencies, please.
Due to the large volume of applications expected we are unable to respond to all inquiries.
the lab_ is an equal opportunities employer.