The Office Group is looking for an architectural assistant/architectural technologist to join its London team.
Who we are:
TOG is home to one of the most creative, exciting and forward-thinking working communities in the UK and pioneered the concept of the shared workspace in Britain. Launched in 2003, when the global economy was beginning to be radically reshaped by new technology and new ideas. Our aim was to reconfigure the modern British workplace to bring it into line with a fast-changing world. Today, TOG has over 17,000 members working across 33 buildings, 31 of which are in London, with ambitious expansion plans underway. We house one of the fastest growing and most diverse workforces in Britain: app creators and advertising agencies; makers and media companies, financiers and foodies; artists and architects.
As an architectural assistant/architectural technologist at TOG you will be assisting the internal acquisitions/design/project team in the delivery of projects by undertaking a range of architectural duties, coordinating the technical appraisal of prospective buildings with the space planning and ensure the effective and timely delivery of required information.
What you’ll do:
- reporting to the head of interior design
- to prepare, develop and edit, under the guidance of the project manager or nominated architect, drawings, images and other documents relating to the design of potential/new TOG buildings
- research and development of architectural and technical solutions relating to both prospective new acquisitions and existing TOG buildings
- to assist the acquisitions team with any required construction and legislative information of the building and the design
- technical appraisals of prospective new buildings and elements of the design of new spaces
- working closely with the space planner/s and external architects on creating the best achievable building layout
- working with the client alterations team and space planning team to provide best advice and technical support when looking at options for either new or existing clients making changes within our buildings
- completion of RIBA Part-II
- bachelor’s degree or equivalent in an architectural related discipline
- UK building systems, regulations and construction methods
- good knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems for commercial environments
- knowledge of planning application submissions
- combine a strong design eye with good technical and detailing experience
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- ability to work quickly under pressure in an entrepreneurial environment
- basic understanding of M&E systems
- understanding of building regulations
- German Language skills desirable
- proven working experience as an architectural assistant
- experience of technical coordination of M&E systems including fire and life safety systems
- 22 days annual leave + bank holidays + a day off on your birthday
- various discounts e.g. cinema tickets, high street shopping, gym membership etc.
- childcare vouchers
- cycle to work scheme
- season ticket loan