The Office Group is recruiting a procurement manager to join its London-based team.
Who we are:
TOG is home to one of the most creative, exciting and forward-thinking working communities in the UK and pioneered the concept of the shared workspace in Britain. Launched in 2003, when the global economy was beginning to be radically reshaped by new technology and new ideas. Our aim was to reconfigure the modern British workplace to bring it into line with a fast-changing world. Today, TOG has 17,000 members working across 30 buildings, 28 of which are in London, with more on the way. We house one of the fastest growing and most diverse workforces in Britain: app creators and advertising agencies; makers and media companies, financiers and foodies; artists and architects.
Reporting in to the Head of Procurement, you will work as part of the wider Property team to manage the sourcing, procurement and implementation of the FF&E elements for projects and the existing portfolio of buildings, ensuring objectives are achieved to budget, timelines and standards required.
What you’ll do:
- manage the sourcing, procurement and delivery of appropriate furniture, fixtures and equipment within budget and agreed timelines for both new buildings and the existing portfolio – this includes placing orders for existing portfolio workstation replacements, and repairs and replacements for damaged furniture and equipment
- prepare draft cost budget for all items to be procured – liaise with the relevant projects director/manager to discuss and agree the budget
- liaise with the design team both internally and externally, to review and develop the proposed FFE shopping list, in coordination with the project director/manager re budget and timelines
- negotiate and agree most competitive terms with suppliers
- work with TOG finance team, using the company’s purchase order system and protocols, to both set new accounts up and manage existing relationships to ensure suppliers get paid on time
- attend site towards the end of the project to oversee the installation of FFE in readiness for building opening
- experience working in a similar role
- negotiating skills
- scheduling and planning skills, with the ability to prioritise
- good analytical ability
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- excellent numerical ability
- strong commercial awareness
- knowledge of purchasing techniques desirable
- knowledge of the FF&E market would be an advantage but not essential
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays + a day off on your birthday
- various discounts e.g. cinema tickets, high street shopping, gym membership etc.
- childcare vouchers
- cycle to work scheme
- season ticket loan
Print studio graphic design internship
at The Architectural Association School of Architecture