The Other House is looking for a junior interior architect to join its team in London.
Be part of something extraordinary!
Are you ready to join one of London’s most iconic lifestyle brands?
Welcome to The Other House, a residents club, where we’re not just redefining the hotel market, we’re re-writing the rules.
Imagine an extraordinary place where the comfort of home meets the service of a hotel and the facilities of a private club. Each of our resident’s clubs will blur the lines between hotels, residential living and an exclusive private club which all our residents can enjoy.
Think beautifully designed club flats, amazing public areas with an all-day street café and destination cocktail bar and access to private club lounges, a great gym, spa and well-being area.
A place where you can relax, work or play whatever your mood, for as long as you are in town – be it a day, a week, a month or a year.
The Other House highlights the best of British design with a focus on creating forever experiences with sustainability and smart tech at its core. We’re not just talking about it, we’re living it. From unforgettable spaces to eco-friendly practices and green initiatives, we’re on a mission to make the world a better place, one stay at a time.
Everything is at your fingertips with The Other House app. Our residents have access to everything they need for an amazing stay from checking in and mobile door entry to seeing how busy the gym is and how much energy we are using. Convenience, control – elevated!
Our first property in beautiful South Kensington opened in the summer of 2022 to great acclaim. Our next property, The Other House Covent Garden nestled in the heart of theatre land in the West End, is due to open soon and we have acquired another site in Belgravia, which means plenty of progression opportunities! Whilst our initial focus is to build the brand in central London, (arguably the best capital city in the world!) the venture will roll out globally, catering for aspirational business and leisure travellers everywhere, whatever their length of stay.
Ready to be part of a team that’s rewriting the rulebook on hospitality?
Join us at The Other House, where every day is a chance to create unique and extra special experiences for our residents and our team. Your future is waiting as one of our HouseMates, and it looks amazing.
Junior interior architect
The interior architect will be responsible for assisting the interior design team in the design and construction of our developments and projects, as well as producing detailed technical drawings, specifications and 3D renderings using CAD software and other tools. The interior architect will work closely with the operational, development team and construction professionals to ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget and to the required specifications.
Key functions and responsibilities:
- work with the head of interior design to prepare proposals and presentations and develop and produce technical drawings, specifications and 3D renderings for our projects
- ensure accuracy and completeness of all drawings and specifications
- collaborate with other members of the design team to ensure that projects are completed to the required specifications and to ensure project deadlines are met
- review and revise drawings and plans as necessary based on feedback from ownership and stakeholders, architects and project managers.
- ensure compliance with all relevant industry standards and regulations
- attend meetings with ownership, stakeholders and team members as required
- manage multiple projects simultaneously, ensuring that all projects are completed on time and within budget.
- maintain accurate records of all drawings and specifications.
- keep up to date with the latest building technologies and materials.
Qualifications and requirements:
- associate or bachelor’s degree in interior design or related field
- two to four years’ professional experience
- experience in hospitality, F&B and/or residential design
- proficiency in AutoCAD, SketchUp, Revit and other relevant software
- strong technical background with knowledge of building materials, construction techniques and building codes
- ability to read and interpret architectural drawings and plans
- excellent communication and collaboration skills
- strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- ability to work independently and as part of a team, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced work environment.
- prior experience in a similar role is preferred
What’s in it for you as a HouseMate?
- working among a team of passionate and caring individuals
- industry-leading benefits package which includes length of service rewards, birthday celebrations, exclusive Perkbox discounts, Cycle to Work Scheme, Nursery Scheme Vouchers
- The Other House discounts for food and drink in our bar and restaurant when dining
- The Other House friends and family discounted rates when you book an overnight stay
- Christmas and summer team parties and social events throughout the year
- healthy and nutritious staff meals on shift
- Refer A Friend scheme of up to £1000 per successful hire (dependent on role)
- departmental incentives to reward excellence
- and so much more!
Please apply using the ‘apply for job’ button below.
This position is only available to applicants based in the United Kingdom