The Other House is hiring a studio design assistant to join its team in London.
Be part of something extraordinary!
Are you ready to join one of London’s most iconic lifestyle brands?
Welcome to The Other House, a residents club, where we’re not just redefining the hotel market, we’re re-writing the rules.
Imagine an extraordinary place where the comfort of home meets the service of a hotel and the facilities of a private club. Each of our residents clubs will blur the lines between hotels, residential living and an exclusive private club which all our residents can enjoy.
Think beautifully designed club flats, amazing public areas with an all-day street café and destination cocktail bar and access to private club lounges, a great gym, spa and well-being area.
A place where you can relax, work or play whatever your mood, for as long as you are in town – be it a day, a week, a month or a year.
The Other House highlights the best of British design with a focus on creating forever experiences with sustainability and smart tech at its core. We’re not just talking about it, we’re living it.
From unforgettable spaces to eco-friendly practices and green initiatives, we’re on a mission to make the world a better place, one stay at a time.
Everything is at your fingertips with The Other House app. Our residents have access to everything they need for an amazing stay from checking in and mobile door entry to seeing how busy the gym is and how much energy we are using. Convenience, control – elevated!
Our first property in beautiful South Kensington opened in the summer of 2022 to great acclaim. Our next property, The Other House Covent Garden nestled in the heart of theatre land in the West End, is due to open soon and we have acquired another site in Belgravia, which means plenty of progression opportunities! Whilst our initial focus is to build the brand in central London, (arguably the best capital city in the world!) the venture will roll out globally, catering for aspirational business and leisure travellers everywhere, whatever their length of stay.
Ready to be part of a team that’s rewriting the rulebook on hospitality?
Join us at The Other House, where every day is a chance to create unique and extra special experiences for our residents and our team. Your future is waiting as one of our HouseMates, and it looks amazing.
Design studio assistant
The design studio assistant will provide essential support to our design team, ensuring the smooth operation of the studio and assisting with various design-related tasks. This role requires a keen eye for detail, excellent communication skills and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment. The design studio assistant will play a crucial role in maintaining an efficient workflow and contributing to the overall success of our design projects
Key functions and responsibilities:
- assisting the senior interior designer in the preparation and organisation of design project materials, including presentations, prototypes and documentation
- preparing for in-house meetings, managing incoming post and external mailboxes
- administrative support to project directors and project leads, including meeting arrangements, incoming and outgoing project-related communications
- assisting in the maintenance of the studio and facilities
- monitoring office supplies and stock levels and order as required
- assisting in the production of documents and collating of reports for the directors, project leaders and project teams
- assisting with day-to-day studio administrative duties, including database management
- coordination of internal and external reprographics needs, including copying, printing, collating and binding
- assistance in the organisation of internal and external events across properties
- assistant in the preparation of internal photographic shoots
- knowledge of suppliers and manufacturers predominantly but not exclusive to the hospitality industry
- experience in a similar role, ideally within the interior design industry
- ability to prioritise, problem solve and act on own initiative
- ability to demonstrate discretion and sensitivity around confidential information
- excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the utmost professionalism when liaising with internal and external contacts
- high level of self-organisation and attention to detail
- proficiency in proprietary design-specification software, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint; CAD skills are considered advantageous
Please apply using the ‘apply for job’ button below.