The Royal Parks is seeking a senior landscape project manager/landscape architect to join its team in London.
The Royal Parks (TRP) is a charity created in March 2017. We manage over 5,000 acres of diverse parkland, rare habitats and historic buildings and monuments in eight Royal Parks across London. These are Hyde Park, Kensington Gardens, The Green Park, St James’s Park, The Regent’s Park and Primrose Hill, Greenwich Park, Richmond Park and Bushy Park.
We also manage other important public spaces including Brompton Cemetery and Victoria Tower Gardens. Our eight Royal Parks and other public spaces are among the most visited attractions in the UK with 77 million visits every year.
We are currently seeking a senior landscape project manager/landscape architect to join us on a 34-month fixed-term contract, on a part-time basis, working two days a week.
- salary of £47,500 – £58,000 per annum pro rata, depending on experience
- 26 days’ annual leave (pro rata) plus public holidays, increasing to 29 days after three years’ service
- pension scheme
- healthcare plan
- offices in a beautiful location
This is a fantastic opportunity for a landscape project manager with experience of public spaces to contribute to the renewal and transformation of our historic parks.
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment where creativity can flourish, then we can offer you a high-profile project that will add longevity and gravitas to your professional portfolio.
So, if you’ve been looking for a role where your work will shape one of London’s most visited green spaces, then we can offer you the rare opportunity to join us on this truly unique project.
As the senior landscape project manager/landscape architect for the Regents Store Yard Project, a unique opportunity to create two new acres of Regents Park, you will project manage the delivery of the new garden and landscape elements of the masterplan to celebrate and commemorate the late Queen Elizabeth II.
Providing expert project management, you will oversee the design development, detailed design and implementation of the garden. You will monitor progress and implement project management protocols. You will ensure our excellent sustainability criteria are met and manage the planning process.
Working closely with a multidisciplinary design team, internal TRP experts and specialist consultants, you will provide expertise and guidance to ensure project design, detailing and implementation reflect the quality and vision of the brief.
Additionally, you will manage stakeholder engagement and incorporate BREEAM for infrastructure requirements into the project.
To be considered as a senior landscape project manager/landscape architect, you will need:
- excellent communication, interpersonal and team skills
- experience of working on complex landscape projects in public parks or open spaces
- in-depth knowledge of sustainable landscape design, construction and maintenance
- experience of project management and delivering outcomes, including risk mitigation
- experience of using NEC3 and/or JCLI, JCT contracts for project delivery, contract management and administration
- experience of using MS Excel and Project, AutoCAD and Adobe Creative Suite or similar
- experience of working confidently with performance, progress, and financial data
- experience of preparing forecasts, managing budgets and achieving value for money
- ability to share knowledge and contribute to team learning and development
- postgraduate qualification or equivalent in landscape management, landscape architecture or a related subject
Membership of a professional institute, such as LI, CiH, APM or similar, would be highly beneficial, as would a project management qualification such as PRINCE2 foundation or equivalent.
Other organisations may call this role lead landscape architect, principal landscape architect, landscape design manager, landscape project manager, landscape programme manager or senior project manager.
We want to put everyone in the best possible position to succeed and use Recite-me accessibility software. At the top of the application page, there is an ‘Accessibility Tools’ button which you can use to complete the application form in a way that works for you. If you think that you may need more support to complete our application process, please do get in touch.
The Royal Parks is strongly committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
So, if you want to contribute to our historic parks as a senior landscape project manager/landscape architect, please apply via the link below. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an employment agency.