The Rug Company is seeking a sales and design consultant to join its team in London.
About The Rug Company
The Rug Company is the leading creator of handmade designer rugs. We combine the ancient craft of quality rug making with the creative brilliance of some of today’s most accomplished designers like Alexander McQueen, Paul Smith, and Rodarte. Our rugs are beautiful, distinctive and original.
We specialise in delivering high-end furnishing to retail and trade customers around the globe. Cutting edge design combined with high-quality, one-off products, has resulted in The Rug Company becoming a global flooring leader. The client base includes retail customers that want a high quality, handmade product, as well as trade clients (interior designers and architects) designing the interiors of domestic or commercial projects.
Our reputation is built upon our extensive project portfolio which spans industries and includes luxury retail, corporate, hospitality, yacht, and aviation as well as some of the finest private residences throughout the world.
The Rug Company is seeking a Sales & Design Consultant to join our London Sales team, based in either our Kings Road or Holland Park Showrooms. This individual will become a key member of our dynamic, driven, and growing London team.
This individual will be a primary point of contact to The Rug Company customers and will need to have an excellent knowledge and appreciation for our products and custom capabilities. This person will need to have a friendly outgoing personality and desire to cultivate long-term relationships with our clients. Additionally, this individual needs to be a highly motivated self-starter possessing superb communication skills (both verbal and written) as well as strong organizational skills and the ability to anticipate and troubleshoot client needs. The candidate should possess a solid track record within the high-end luxury furnishings industry with both architects and interior designers.
- prospect, develop and manage a client base to deliver sales that meet or exceed your established budgets
- quickly gain a strong knowledge of The Rug Company products, designers and custom capabilities
- greet and assist clients in the showroom
- answer incoming calls
- qualify and assist new leads via phone, email and walk-in clients
- drive new client relationships and nurture existing relationships with consistent communication, follow-up, face-time and/or presentations
- create sales quotes and invoices
- accountable for individual sales goals as defined by management
- manage relationships within a defined set of assigned and/or territory
- manage all aspects of the sales cycle and order process including tracking the order through production, coordinating delivery as well as managing any issues during or after installation
- provide accurate and timely reports to management, including call reports, forecasting, etc.
- book and maintain a calendar of sales meetings providing designers and clients with information on complete product offering
- assist with the maintenance of showroom aesthetics, organization and overall standards
- assist in preparation for and during showroom events
- other duties as assigned
- previous proven sales experience in a sales role within the luxury furnishing and design industry
- ability to think creatively to sell solutions and win sales
- management and development of a solid book of business
- proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Google Suite, previous experience on SAP would be desirable although training will be given
- strong verbal and written communication skills
- excellent time management skills
- ability to multi-task in a fast-paced team environment
- strong self-reliance with the ability to problem-solve and make independent decisions in line with The Rug Company’s policies and procedures
- timely and thoughtful follow-up in creating and maintaining strong relationships with client base
- possess a level of comfort in calling on clients
- strong passion for interior design, art and architecture
The Rug Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity.
This position is only available to applicants based in the United Kingdom