The Word Works is seeking a London-based junior designer.
The Word Works is a content marketing agency, producing deceptively effortless strategic thinking and content for clients across the full marketing mix. Our culture is one of collaboration and creativity and the close-knit team share a passion for delivering creative excellence. This is a great time to join our business that’s undergoing a period of rapid growth.
We’re looking for a junior designer, with a creative edge, to work alongside our creative director – CD. Initially the role is for three months but could be extended to full-time.
The successful candidate will need to be able to work with grids, paragraph styles, and word flow, and understand different layout styles and typography.
You will also:
- have a BA – hons in graphic design or equivalent
- be proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite such as Indesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- be able to create/design with Microsoft Powerpoint
- have animation skills, or, be willing to develop these
- have a strong understanding of design principles
- have a love of creativity and a genuine interest in design
- have experience using Squarespace and other online tools
- understand photography and video too – although these are not essential requirements
- create infographics and illustrations within clients’ brand guidelines
- support the CD with ideas and inspiration
- create imagery/graphics for ads, websites, trade show stands and many more
- develop new concepts for our brand
- work to stringent production deadlines
- work on various projects simultaneously
- undertake any training relevant to the role
You’ll be talented, ambitious and hardworking, have a creative edge, and be unflustered by working in a high-energy, high-paced environment, both in a team context and as a self-managing individual. Deadlines can be tight, so good time management is really important. There will also potentially be a degree of direct contact with clients, so experience of receiving and filtering client feedback and briefs would be extremely helpful. You’ll also have an adaptable design range while sharing our ethos and passion for creating clear, clean and enticing work.
Please send a brief covering letter with some examples of your work, highlighting content that you’re especially proud of.
Why The Word Works?
We’re a fast-growing agency with a hardworking but fun and collegiate culture. We work with an interesting range of clients and you’ll be part of, and learn from, an experienced team who’ll help your talent shine.
Pay is subject to negotiation. Holiday, pro-rata, is five weeks per year.