Thomas de Cruz Architects & Designers is seeking a project architect/Part 2 architectural assistant to work in Chiswick, west London.
We are a small, friendly, design-driven practice specialising in high quality contemporary residential projects. Our projects range from small extensions and remodelling of period properties in and around London to new build houses around the UK and overseas. We are well located in Chiswick high road, close to shops, cafes and tube stations.
Our influences are international and we aim to raise standards in home design on every project, no matter the size or budget. The successful candidate should have a passion for contemporary residential architecture and interior design. Duties will include all works stages from concept design, through planning to construction drawings and contract administration on site. Candidates should expect to run projects autonomously in direct contact with the client under the direction of the senior project architect or director.
Candidates should have the following:
- minimum of three years experience working in the UK is essential. Please do not apply if you don’t have this experience – you will be rejected.
- strong creative ability and presentation skills.
- open, personable and self-reliant character.
- ability to multi-task under pressure, manage time and workload, and work both autonomously and with others.
- good communication and literacy skills and the ability interact with often demanding private clients.
- ability to coordinate other members of the design team (eg, QS, structural engineer).
- proficiency in CAD (we use Vectorworks), Photoshop and SketchUp. Vray or other rendering skills are an advantage.
- documented track record in construction drawings and detailing on non-commercial buildings.
- good knowledge of the UK Building Regulations and contract administration.
- fluency in spoken and written English. You will be expected to be able write a comprehensive design and access statement.
- ability to work from home, as and when required.
- full UK/EU driving licence is an advantage.
The position would be for an initial contract period of six months with the possibility of permanent employment and open-ended career development for an aspirational person.
If high quality contemporary residential design and a position of responsibility appeals to you please send your CV and PDFs of both design and technical work (10Mb max.) using the ‘apply’ button below, together with a covering note suggesting why you think you would be particularly well suited for the job advertised, and stating your salary expectation and availability.
We regret that due to the volume of applicants only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Strictly no agencies