Thuma is looking for a senior industrial designer to support its product development team in San Francisco, USA.
Our lean, fast-growing, remote team is composed of highly motivated creatives with a rigorous attention to detail. We hire for integrity, initiative, collaborative spirit, open-mindedness and willingness to learn.
While Thuma is based in San Francisco, our team is spread out across the country. This role is based in San Francisco and requires travel to the office three days a week.
- help build brand philosophy and design language
- identify new product opportunities with key markets and customers
- define product specifications based on briefs from internal teams and external partners
- research materials and manufacturing processes
- develop, visualise and document designs using sketches, 2D and 3D programmes, mockups, photography, etc
- detail complete product experiences from purchase to unboxing, assembly and usage
- manage junior designers
What you’ll need:
- minimum of five years experience as an industrial designer or similar
- a combination of agency and in-house design experience is preferable
- have shipped real products to customers
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in industrial design, product design or relevant discipline
- advanced 3D modelling and rendering software skills – the team currently works with Rhino, SolidWorks, Fusion 360 and KeyShot
- design leadership skills with experience on driving a design vision
- a healthy obsession for quality, detail and aesthetics
- passion for materials and manufacturing process
- excellent verbal and visual communication skills
- team player and come to each new project with enthusiasm and a willingness to learn
- comfortable with ambiguity and autonomy
- ability to quickly adapt in a high-paced environment
Compensation ranges: $120,000 to $150,000 a year
Thuma provides an estimate of the compensation for roles that may be hired as required by state regulations. Compensation may vary based on,
- location, as Thuma factors in specific location when benchmarking compensation for most roles
- individual candidate skills and qualifications
- individual candidate experience
Additionally, Thuma leverages current market data to determine compensation, so posted compensation figures are subject to change as new market data becomes available. The salary, other compensation and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. Thuma reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.
Why join us
- equity/401k: participation in employee stock option plan and our 401k programme where we will match up to six per cent of your contributions
- benefits: comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage options with generous employer contributions
- extras: 12 weeks of paid parental leave and company sponsored membership at One Medical
- dream setup: MacBook Air, Airpod Pros, Magic Mouse, Magic Keyboard, Display Screen, White board
- flex time: run errands as needed, just get your stuff done
- PTO: we believe healthy, happy, relaxed people do better work
- hybrid: flexibility to work between your home and our office with everything you need to be successful in both
- employee discount: we provide an employee discount of 40 per cent off all Thuma products
- cell phone stipend: $100 per month to recognise that you will use your cell phone for work related things
- commute reimbursement: up to $150 per month for your commute to our office
- room upgrade: a complimentary bed in your choice of size and colour
Who we are
Thuma is a bedroom lifestyle brand, offering customers bed time essentials and amenities designed to celebrate life’s simple pleasures through thoughtful elevated design, quality craftsmanship and modern convenience.
We recognise that people come with a wealth of knowledge and are talented beyond the scope of a functional role. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description. We hire for integrity, initiative, collaborative spirit, open mindedness and willingness to learn.
Thuma is dedicated to going above and beyond to bring people with diverse perspectives and unique experiences together to do great work. We strive to create a sense of belonging by creating an inclusive culture where everyone can be their authentic self and by treating each and every team member with kindness, equity and respect, always.