Tigg + Coll Architects is seeking an experienced part-time office manager to join its growing team in Notting Hill, London.
Tigg + Coll are a young and vibrant design-led office with a strong team ethos based in west London. We have a varied portfolio including private residential, mixed-use developments, co-living and commercial interiors projects. We are an award winning emerging practice and Young Architect of the Year Award Finalist 2019.
We are seeking a strong practice manager who will take responsibility in leading and developing the administration side of the office, the management of the premises, the administrative, HR and financial support.
The position involves a broad range of administrative roles to ensure the smooth and professional running of an office of 18 architectural designers. We are looking for someone who is a natural proactive organiser, with excellent time-management skills, who can prioritise a wide range of tasks, act on their own initiative, is good at dealing with people and possesses strong inter-personal skills to organise our working life, help us to look after our office space, and generally deal with all things arising which are not architectural.
We are keen to hear from you if you are an experienced office manager with an interest in architecture/design/art, a good organiser and an excellent communicator.
You will manage all aspects of the studio as well as being PA to the two directors. The role will also involve assisting business development, marketing, event organisation and social media management.
Ideally you will:
- have excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
- excellent interpersonal skills
- have a confident and friendly manner
- have prior experience in an administrative position in a similar-sized organisation – previous experience working in an architects practice or creative industries would be an advantage but not essential
- have a high level of proficiency in computer skills mac based the use of Office 365, Word, Excel and Word etc. – additional knowledge of InDesign would be an advantage but not essential
- have the ability to manage multiple priorities, work to deadlines and remain calm under pressure
- maintain professional conduct in the handling of confidential or sensitive information
- enjoy a high attention to detail
- be honest and have integrity, and a strong sense of ethics in all decisions and actions
- be resourceful and thorough
- happy to oversee and manage staff welfare
- organise team drinks, booking events and outings
- organise everyone at weekly studio meetings
- assist with social media and website updates, press releases, awards submissions etc.
In the first instance we are looking for someone for three days a week, 9 – 6pm with some flexibility and the potential to increase hours/time further if you prove invaluable!
Please submit a PDF of your CV with covering letter using the ‘apply’ link below, outlining the below:
- why you think you are right for this job
- your salary expectation
- details of any notice period you are required to work