Tihany Design is hiring an interior designer to join its team in New York.
Internationally acclaimed luxury hospitality design firm Tihany Design is seeking a talented and motivated interior designer to join its New York studio.
Reports to: Tihany design managing partner and senior designers
- bachelor’s or master’s degree in interior design or architecture
- minimum five to seven years’ of experience in luxury hospitality/residential design
- proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe Suite, SketchUp, MS Office
- experience working on multiple projects and able to collaborate with project team/s within the studio and skilled at time management
- experience working on different phases of the project, from concept design to DD Set, including sourcing and documenting FF&E design and/or selection and documentation of interior architectural finishes
- strong communication skills including verbal, written and visual, and ability to present internally to seniors designers and principals
- positive attitude, flexible and enthusiastic
- initiating unique design concepts and narratives for hospitality projects (including restaurant design) and developing full scale design presentations including mood boards, plan and elevations
- developing custom furniture, fixtures and lighting design
- take ownership on all design phases of the project, from concept to schematic design, design development, material selection and specifications
- coordinating, preparing and assuring quality of design documents, FF&E specifications and drawings
- assist and collaborate with the project team in all phases of the project
- managing small scale projects independently, coordinating and cultivating relationships with other project consultants
- must meet deadlines and ensure accuracy of all work produced
- assist and collaborate with the project team in conducting construction-phase activities including shop drawing review, requests for information, drawing and document updates, project record-keeping
- interacting with various consultants on projects and vendors
- developing interior design resources (vendors, professional sources)
- presenting and communicating design concepts internally and externally, orally and in writing
- mentoring support staff and junior designers
Life, career and purpose at Tihany Design
If you have your eyes on the present and the horizon, consider the path of Tihany Design, where life, career and purpose come together.
As a boutique design atelier that takes pride in its built-in global diversity, our NYC and Rome offices are searching worldwide for accomplished and brewing talent to join our passionate team. We are led by two visionary partners who care for your professional fulfilment and personal wellbeing, who believe the intrinsic rewards are built into the journey as much as the achievement. Designers based in Rome have the opportunity to work in NYC with their colleagues for three months.
For those who thirst for challenging and esteemed projects, Tihany Design delivers beyond expectations. The firm continually earns renown for the style and connoisseurship of its sensational, inspired customer interiors. But the vision is brought to life with the highest regard for collaboration and mentorship. Each client engagement offers a tremendously creative and inspirational space to advance your work, it is also the opportunity to artfully share your voice and point of view, to resonate your spirit at work.
Do what you love, grow and excel at Tihany Design.
Superior compensation and comprehensive benefits (paid vacation, paid holidays, sick and personal days, health insurance covering medical, dental and vision), as well as travel opportunities and hands-on interaction with partners in a stimulating work environment.
Please submit your application via the apply for job button below quoting ‘interior designer’.
Please include your cover letter, CV, portfolio and availability to start. All documents to be in PDF format (10MB or less) and labeled as ‘interior designer_YourName_YYYYMMDD’.