Timebased is recruiting a junior events designer to join its London-based team.
Location: 18-20 Penton Street, N1 9PS
Salary: dependent on experience
We are currently looking for a new 2D events designer to work on the design and delivery of client events. These projects range from awards ceremonies and product launches, to press shows and experiential events and provide an excellent opportunity to work on a broad mix of high profile brands..
Reporting to the head of creative and working with the rest of the design team, the role will provide an excellent opportunity to work on creative solutions for a wide breadth of initiatives from event marketing to visual merchandising, driving brand recognition and delivering event campaigns to the highest standard.
Key responsibilities will include:
- designing, researching, brainstorming and developing concepts, graphics and layouts for large format and display visuals, wayfinding and signage, invitations, brochures, award entries, show press invitations and other documents in a range of medias
- communicating your vision to the in-house production team
- understanding the design and build project structure and processes
- supervising external graphics production and leading install onsite
- showcasing ideas through mood boards and visuals
- designing floor plans
- sourcing furniture, props and styling features
Key attributes for the role are:
- confident use of Adobe CS6 suite is essential
- knowledge of Vectorworks or SketchUp would be useful
- wide range of design and creative capabilities
- good hand sketching skills to illustrate concept development
- good knowledge of current design principles, branding, lifestyle industry trends and technology
- between one-three years of experience
- the ability to prioritise and organise a busy workload
- experience in styling, visual merchandising or art directing would be useful.
- knowledge of Vectorworks or SketchUp
- ideally this person knows the creative and popular London scene and is interested in pushing creative boundaries in event design.
- a degree in any design area is advantageous however alternative experience will be considered
Please submit your CV and portfolio, with reference TBED3d19 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Immediate interview for suitable candidates.
Please note that due to exceptionally high levels of response, we are only able to get back to those applicants who have been successful.