New York, USA
at Tin Building by Jean-Georges
Tin Building by Jean-Georges is seeking a visual merchandiser to join its team in New York.
Position: visual merchandiser
Reports to: director of retail
About the company
Creative Culinary Management Company is a hospitality company based in the heart of NYC Seaport District. The mission of Creative Culinary Management is to channel our passion for creating an elevated culinary experience, all with a view. Each of our restaurants offers a unique experience, whether you are looking for a family feast on the cobblestones, intimate dinner on the pier, or host a private event on our pier rooftop. Our partners’ creative energy, combined with our extensive hospitality knowledge, ensures a notable encounter for each of our guests.
About the project
The Howard Hughes Corporation, the nationally recognized real estate company overseeing the redevelopment of New York City’s Seaport District, envisions the repositioning of the property as a magnet for attracting locals and visitors alike with a unique, year-round blend of entertainment, food and retail offerings. The centrepiece of the Seaport District’s renaissance is an entirely re-imagined historic Tin Building, featuring a one-of-a-kind marketplace and entertainment venue operated by renowned chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten.
The Tin Building will feature multiple unique venues: several full-service restaurants, fast casual and counter dining outlets as well as 10,000 sf of retail featuring private label products, grab and go, grocery and CPGs. To support this significant operation the marketplace will feature a large commissary kitchen and bakery, as well as an exhibition kitchen that will provide media opportunities.
The visual merchandiser ensures that all product in the Tin Building are presented reflecting the high standards of the Jean-Georges brand. This role closely collaborates with internal and external stakeholders, department heads, and graphic design to ensure display changes are well planned and resulting in the maximization of visual branding, revenue and product presentation. The position serves as a guardian of the Tin Building visual merchandising standards.
Essential job responsibilities:
- serve as the guardian of product presentation standards in the Tin Building
- ensure that all product displays are in line with the VM Guidelines by actively working on displays and guiding internal departments
- plan daily display changes with department heads in advance
- develop creative and beautiful displays to maximize branding, sales and impact, in conjunction with designated stakeholders
- develop strategies to highlight promotions, price changes, clearance and holiday/seasonal needs, always in line with the VM Guidelines
- collaborate with the procurement department on plan-o-gram changes
- assist the grocery team in implementing plan-o-grams updates
- create displays that are creative, on-trend and appealing
- provide ongoing training to the operations team, management and hourly, as it relates to VM
- monitor costs and budget for display props
- plan new ideas and strategies for displays of new product launches
- other tasks, projects, initiatives as per business need
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- five plus years’ prior experience in a retail merchandising role in a high-end environment
- prior specialty retail food service highly preferred
- up to date on industry trends, best practices, and market trends. Strong interest in future design trends
- strong talent for design, colour and style
- creative flair and imagination
- strong visual/spatial awareness
- self-directed and able to work without supervision
- strong listening skills
- comfortable in both a leadership and team-player role
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- great attention to detail
- comfortable in a fast-paced environment with multiple tasks and projects at hand
- ability to remain organized in a fast-paced, hands-on environment
- creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge
- strict adherence to company philosophy/mission statement/sales goals
- competent proficiency in Microsoft Office and overall computer skills
- availability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, nights and holidays, as required
- availability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
- ability to perform the essential job functions consistent safely and successfully with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards
- ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
- ability to lift and carry items weighing 10-30 pounds on a regular basis
- ability to stand for prolong periods of time
- moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the store. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms, and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment
- climbing steps regularly.
- the base pay range for this position is $75,000 – $85,000 per annum. The determination of what a specific employee in this job classification is paid depends on a number of factors, including, but not limited to, prior employment history/job-related knowledge, qualifications and skills, etc.
Creative Culinary Management is an equal opportunity employer.
Job type: full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 – $85,000.00 per year
- dental insurance
- employee discount
- health insurance
- paid time off
- vision insurance
- day shift
- weekend availability