TM Lighting is recruiting a mid-level product design engineer to join its team in London.
We have an exciting opportunity for a mid-level product design engineer with strong engineering and lighting knowledge and three-five years of relevant experience, to form an on-going and integral part of our design team at our London HQ.
TM Lighting is the UK’s leading art lighting manufacturer producing a range of award-winning products for the international art market.
If you are looking for a career working in a fast-paced, rapidly growing team and you have passion, drive and determination coupled with a fun, easy-going persona, then we would love to hear from you.
- work with the design, sales, marketing teams to aid the delivery of new product designs
- undertake design work as allocated by the design manager
- update drawings and design documentation
- take ownership of queries and follow through to completion.
- provide cover for other members of the design department as necessary and perform other tasks if requested from time to time by the design manager
- clear and concise interaction with all company departments; notably the design, marketing and sales departments
- work with the procurement team and manufacturers on product design component issues
- liaise with the sales team to communicate any issues arising with orders
Skills and experience:
- extensive experience in product design
- good knowledge of fabrication processes
- thorough knowledge of tolerances and finishing
- understanding of electronics, LED, drivers and dimming
- broad knowledge of modelling software
- experience in product rendering
- ability to read and amend lighting layouts
- excellent problem-solving capabilities
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- demonstrated ability to work well under pressure
- demonstrated attention to detail, time management and organisational skills
- possess an enthusiastic interest in design and creativity
Salary negotiable, dependent on experience
Application deadline: 1 December 2018
To apply, please submit a copy of your CV and portfolio by clicking the ‘apply’ button at the bottom of the ad.