Tom Dixon is looking for an associate interior designer to join its design team in London.
We are looking for an ambitious and highly creative Associate Designer to help lead and drive the design team in our high achieving studio.
Design Research Studio is the innovations and design agency at the heart of Tom Dixon working on the spaces, products and brands of tomorrow. A restless innovator, Tom established Design Research Studio in 2002 to work on innovative projects and products with a wide variety of partners, brands, developers and entrepreneurs. Rich in narrative, we nurture a fast-growing global portfolio of projects working across interior design, product design, graphics and branding.
Tom Dixon has offices in London, New York and Hong Kong, with our head office located at The Coal Office, 1 Bagley Walk, N1C 4PQ, London. More information about us can be found at www.designresearchstudio.net and www.tomdixon.net.
About the Role
Design Research Studio is embarking on a period of transformative change as part of our expansionary strategy. This is a pivotal leadership and management role, you will form part of the team that will help strategies the studio moving forward as well as enable better execution of key projects.
More specifically you will be responsible for:
- designing the spaces of tomorrow. You’ll take the lead on visionary design concepts furthering the creative direction of the studio whilst steering the visions and desires of our clients. Your role with be critical to the successful delivery of future projects
- collaboration. Working with studio directors to successfully win new business. Ensure the delivery of all projects across the team whilst maintaining creative and visionary concepts. Coordinate the team, clients, consultants, contractors and suppliers
- research. Discover, realise and encourage new and innovative ideas within the studio. Identify opportunities across design teams and champion the ideas and influence of the creative directors
- culture. Set the daily culture, mood and temperament of the wider design team. With foresight and empathy ensure the wellbeing of colleagues
- leadership and mentorship. Ensure peers, designers and junior designers are working effectively as teams within projects
A successful first six months in this role you will deliver a cohesive team and department that is continually delivering conceptually distinct and brilliantly organised interior design projects.
We’re looking for someone who has a great understanding of the balance between delegation, management and delivery in a fast-paced environment. We would like to bring on someone with a good dose of common sense, who is interested in more enlightened ways of working in a truly modern design studio.
- globally minded experienced Associate with exceptional taste and sensitivity to design aesthetics of the present and past. Experience in a similar role
- consider the relationship between creativity and technical design as fluid and be able to confidently deliver a design vision through all project stages
- you will be responsible for leading and delivering concept presentations, technical drawings, and detailed tender packages. Full understanding and confidence in all typical design project phases is key. Successful projects will build on your independence in developing the design further within each project phase.
- we work across the following software and hope you do as well; AutoCAD, Rhino, Revit and Adobe Creative Suite
- act as a leader and mentor to the other designers whilst taking ownership for processes in our studio and in doing so help reduce complexity and clarify our ways of working. Experience leading a team to success
- superb communication skills. You naturally ignite great rapport with people and adapt your style to all levels
- time and content management; ensure the current level of design thinking and information is produced for each project phase in an accurate and timely manner
For the right candidate, we will offer a competitive remuneration package alongside the opportunity to build an extraordinary career within one of the world’s leading design agencies and lifestyle brands.
We embrace diversity in all applicant’s backgrounds. The successful applicant must have eligibility to work in the UK.
Please submit applications using the ‘apply’ link below.