A vacancy for a junior technologist is available at Tom Dixon in London.
We’re looking for a junior technologist to provide technical support for the product development of our home accessories and assist with projects, administration, and data management within the technical team. This is a full-time, six-month contract role based in London, and reports into the technical manager in the range team.
Established in 2002, Tom Dixon is a British design and manufacturing brand with a commitment to innovation. We design, develop and sell extraordinary objects and spaces for everyday use, including lighting, furniture and interiors.
The company has a well-established global customer base which has achieved double digit growth over recent years, and is set to continue this trend over the next five years.
The company has offices in London, New York and Hong Kong, and launches new collections annually at the Milan furniture fair. Our head office is located at 555 Harrow Road, London W10 4RH. More information about us can be found at www.tomdixon.net.
About the role
In line with our ongoing drive to deliver a robust compliance and quality programme for all our products, we are looking for a junior technologist.
You will be working in the range team, reporting to the technical manager, and helping to ensure our products are designed and developed to meet worldwide standards.
More specifically you will be responsible for:
Product compliance of the accessories category:
- you will support the technical team within range to ensure global compliance, from concept to launch, across all products to deliver and maintain products that are legally compliant, safe and fit for purpose
- you’ll be responsible for compiling and maintaining the most up to date technical file for all products including all supplier drawings, BOMs, instruction manuals, product and component test reports, transit drop test, tolerance agreements, material specifications and initial purchase order pre-shipment inspections
- assisting with the due diligence programme, you’ll ensure all products are tested to up to date compliance requirements and new legal regulations within all defined markets
Product quality of the accessories category:
- you’ll help the team in working with accessories product developers, designers, engineers and factories in all stages of development and manufacture to ensure we are manufacturing products of the highest quality and longevity that are globally compliant
- you will assist with the maintenance and update of product technical files across all categories
- you’ll also manage data and administration for compliance and quality initiatives across the team
A successful first six months in this role will deliver the complete technical file for accessories new launches, and the data rebuild and on-going management of the technical file for our core furniture and lighting products.
The story of you
We’re ideally looking for someone who is already working in a similar role and is eager to take on the challenge of supporting the fast-paced product development of our brand.
- a junior technologist with a year of experience working in homeware/decorative accessories/scented products
- familiar with homeware/decorative accessories test standards
- has experience in working with test labs/engineers
- self-motivated, keen, and a quick learner
If this role excites you and what we’re looking for sounds like you, please send your CV, together with a covering letter describing why you think you are the right person for us, addressed to Sumi Apparao, by clicking the apply link below.
For the right candidate, we will offer a competitive remuneration package alongside the opportunity to build an extraordinary career within one of the world’s leading design agencies and lifestyle brands.
We embrace diversity in all applicant’s backgrounds. The successful applicant must have eligibility to work in the UK.