Tom Dixon has an opening for a mid-weight interior designer to join its studio in London.
Interior designer – 12-month FTC
We’re looking for an ambitious and highly creative interior designer to join our growing team of design experts in London.
Design Research Studio is the innovations and design agency at the heart of Tom Dixon working on the spaces, products and brands of tomorrow. A restless innovator, Tom established Design Research Studio in 2002 to work on innovative projects and products with a wide variety of partners, brands, developers and entrepreneurs. Rich in narrative, we nurture a fast-growing global portfolio of projects working across interior design, product design, graphics and branding.
Tom Dixon has offices in London, New York and Hong Kong, with our head office located in Kings Cross, London. More information about us can be found on the Design Research Studio website and the Tom Dixon website.
About the role
Design Research Studio is embarking on a period of transformative change as part of our expansionary strategy. This role will be pivotal in designing, developing and delivering interior design projects for our global client base.
More specifically you will be responsible for
Designing the spaces of tomorrow
You’ll work on visionary design concepts furthering the creative direction of the studio and aligning with the visions and desires of our clients, while successfully producing and delivering project information.
Successfully deliver visionary interior designs whilst managing project designers and coordinating with clients, consultants, contractors and suppliers.
Discover, realise and encourage new and innovative ideas within the studio. Identify opportunities across design teams and champion the ideas and influence of the creative directors.
A successful first six months in this role will deliver conceptually distinct and brilliantly organised interior design projects.
We’re looking for someone who has a great understanding of the balance between creativity, technical design and management and who is enthusiastic to work in a fast-paced environment across these. We want to bring on someone with a good dose of common sense, who is interested in more enlightened ways of working in a truly modern design studio.
- globally-minded interior designer with exceptional taste and sensitivity to design aesthetics of the present and past
- consider the relationship between creativity and technical design as fluid and be able to confidently deliver a design vision through all project stages
- you will be responsible for creating concept presentations, technical drawings, and detailed tender packages. Full understanding and confidence in all typical design project phases is key. Successful projects will build on your independence in developing the design further within each project phase
- we work across the following software and hope you do as well; AutoCAD, Rhino, Revit and Adobe Creative Suite
- take ownership for processes in our studio and in doing so help us reduce complexity and clarify our ways of working
- you will specify innovative and appropriate finishes and detail joinery and surface treatments and have extensive knowledge of furniture and lights, to be specified across projects
- superb communication skills. You naturally ignite great rapport with people and adapt your style to all levels
For the right candidate, we will offer a competitive remuneration package alongside the opportunity to build an extraordinary career within one of the world’s leading design agencies and lifestyle brands.
We embrace diversity in all applicant’s backgrounds. The successful applicant must have eligibility to work in the UK.
Please submit applications using the ‘apply’ link below.