Tom Postma Design is seeking a design and project manager to join its team in Amsterdam.
Tom Postma Design (TPD) is a spatial design studio located in Amsterdam, specialising in art related spaces. Our breadth of work ranges from small scale exhibitions to the entire design of some of the world’s leading art fairs; and from the private homes of art collectors to temporary and permanent museum architecture. At every scale our focus remains the same: to create spaces that enhance and support the artworks and objects on display.
We are looking for a design and project manager to join our team. Someone with strong project management skills, a good sense for quality and design, and a passion for the arts!
Who are you:
- you have five plus years’ experience in a design office environment, with responsibilities in managing projects. Experience with interiors, exhibitions, art fairs or other art-related spaces is a huge plus
- you have strong written and verbal English language skills. You have a good understanding of French (Dutch and/or Chinese are considered a plus)
- you are an all-rounder: strong in client contact, cost and project management, but also sensitive to design concepts and are able to draw things up yourself. You are confident presenting and chairing client meetings
- you bring up ‘out of the box’ ideas, not only for your projects but also in relation to the general business and project organisation. You understand the importance of sustainability and new technologies. Plus you have a strong supplier network
- you are time-flexible, and don’t mind traveling for work abroad for one to two weeks now and then
- you are an enthusiastic personality, driven and independent worker, a strong and trusted sparring partner, but a good listener as well with a keen eye for details and accurate in communication
- you are experienced in both ArchiCAD and Adobe Suite (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator)
- you are able to join us for a long term cooperation, average 36 hrs per week
- you are currently living in the Netherlands or willing to relocate
- you have strong interest in the arts and/or cultural world
How to apply
TPD offers you the chance to be part of high-level design studio in a niche sector of the profession. You will work with 12 passionate colleagues in a fast-paced environment. Do you recognize yourself in this profile? Please forward a separate resume, portfolio / project overview and short motivation letter (all in PDF format, max 5MB) via the apply for job button below before 24 June, 5pm. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.