Tom Postma Design is hiring a designer to join its team in Amsterdam.
Tom Postma Design (TPD) is a spatial design studio located in Amsterdam, specialising in art related spaces. Our breadth of work ranges from small scale exhibitions to the entire design of some of the world’s leading art fairs; and from the private homes of art collectors to temporary and permanent museum architecture. At every scale our focus remains the same: to create spaces that enhance and support the artworks and objects on display.
We are looking for a designer to join our team. Someone with strong architectural and interior design skills and a passion for the arts!
Who are you:
- you are strong in both ArchiCAD and Adobe Suite (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator)
- you have two plus years’ experience in a design office environment, with experience in interior design. Experience in design of exhibitions, art fairs or other art-related spaces is a huge plus
- you have strong written and verbal English language skills (Dutch is a plus!)
- you are an all-rounder who likes to work flexibly on all phases of the design process. You enjoy carrying out a wide range of tasks, big or small, including: working on presentations; modelling and draught work; brainstorming; sourcing reference materials and imagery; making mood boards, creation of social media content and more
- you have strong conceptual and ‘out of the box’ ideas and love to share these with the team. You embrace sustainability and new technologies
- you are an enthusiastic, driven and independent worker with great presentation skills
- you have a keen eye for detail and complete tasks with a high level of accuracy
- you are a good listener and you take responsibility for your projects
- you are able to join us for minimum of 12 months, 36 hrs per week, with the possibility to extend
- you are currently living in the Netherlands or willing to relocate
- you have strong interest in the arts and/or cultural world
How to apply?
TPD offers you the chance to experience a niche sector of the profession alongside 12 passionate colleagues in a fast-paced environment. Do you recognize yourself in this profile? Please forward a separate resume, portfolio / project overview and short motivation letter (all in PDF format, max 5MB) via the apply for job button below before 24 June, 5pm. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.