Toogood is seeking a production and operations manager of furniture and homeware to join its team in London.
Toogood is one of London’s leading fashion and interiors brands. The studio designs and manufactures artisanal, sculptural products across furniture, homeware accessories and contemporary clothing, as well as providing bespoke interior design services for commercial and residential projects.
With an established business in made to order furniture, as well as a growing volume homeware business, we’re looking for an energetic and driven production and operations manager to help scale our offering. The ideal candidate should be deeply passionate about design, be well organised, pro-active and flexible. We’re a small business so it’s essential you have a can-do attitude and be willing to dive into a varied set of tasks.
- responsible for production of all made to order and batch production across art furniture and homeware
- responsible for inventory management and logistics across all product categories
- manage all company stock and archiving to make sure it is accurately accounted for in inventory records
- requirement to ensure continuous improvement of production processes
- responsible for the production of art pieces, made to order furniture and homeware, working with our suppliers to ensure Toogood meets its timing, budget and quality targets throughout the whole process
- be an effective trouble-shooter when production problems arise, supporting the team and developing solutions
- deliver continuous improvement of production processes, from supporting the product developer with sourcing through to manufacturing and logistics
- responsible for quality control of all art, furniture and homeware products, communicating with sales and the design team when problems arise
Operations and logistics:
- responsible for the inventory management and logistics (CIN 7) of all made to order, wholesale and direct to commerce stock for our global customer base
- manage volume flow according to sales forecasts, budgets and commercial strategies
- optimise and coordinate transport for national and international logistics (road and sea freight) and ensure the continuous optimisation of shipping costs
- work closely with Sales and finance teams regarding orders, timelines, customer service, and troubleshooting issues
- main point of contact with warehouses to oversee goods in/ goods out
- responsible for all negotiation with suppliers, ensuring that high quality products are delivered at the best possible price
- responsible for developing products that meet target RRPs and maintains desired profit margins
- develop quarterly and annual production budgets and development costs and manage those budgets appropriately
The ideal candidate:
- a successful track record as production and operations manager in luxury goods
- knowledge of CIN 7 or similar inventory management platform
- prior experience within a luxury furniture or homeware brand and an elevated eye for detail and design
- results and outcome focussed and motivated by commercial success
- flexible and resourceful
Please submit your CV, cover letter and portfolio using the ‘apply’ link below.