TopHat is seeking an architectural technician to join the team in Derbyshire, UK.
Welcome to TopHat
We design and manufacture timber-framed houses within a large manufacturing facility in Foston, near Derby. We employ approximately 300 people across a range of production, manufacturing and support functions. We deliver design-led homes fit for twenty-first century living through a unique technology-enabled approach.
We are proud to say we have won an award for Low Carbon Project of the Year, along with the Offsite Award for our White Road affordable home project.
We are recruiting for an architectural technician.
- develop TopHat house types/apartment from concept design stage to manufacturing including associated details and materials using Revit
- support streamlining of design and parametric modelling
- manage the architectural design including standard details, manufacturing drawings, ECR/NCR question
- work with the R&D/technical department to aid continual improvement of manufacturing and construction details
- support and closely collaborate with concept design team, structural and MEP team, procurement, factory floor and site
- deliver 3D models, drawings and information using Revit or similar software to manufacturing and procurement in a timely manner
- create standard details to any new designs
- collaborate with rest of the design teams, consultants and external companies and ensure information are distributed through relevant departments
- support manufacturing and construction phase
- support prototyping of new designs
- investigate raised ECR within required timescale and support senior design team to find solution and improvements
- development of design details in a timely manner that are robust
- supporting the R&D function in the production of design detail and the creation of test specimens and partially oversee the associated tests, eg. fire/acoustic testing
- ensure that all designs and related information clearly and accurately communicates the information required by manufacturing
- follow design processes within DfMA team
- follow, contribute and promote TopHat values and quality management systems, including design quality as well as contributions to production and installation quality
- ensure an effective process for communication and collaboration and an effective flow of design and production information
Do you fit the bill?
- HND/HNC in engineering, building or architectural technology
- excellent working knowledge of Revit and technical drawings
- knowledge of modular construction
- advance knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit and technical drawing
- understanding of building regulations, codes of practice, environmental and health and safety regulations
- excellent IT skills
- a strong attention to detail
- sound data driven decision making skills
- is not knocked off balance by ambiguity uncertainty and change
- ability to demonstrate TopHat values
- conscientious and dedicated team player
Patterns of work: flexible (home/Derby office)
We will be contacting applicants and conducting first stage interviews via Teams video before arranging visits to our site. Applicants can be based anywhere from London to Derby (M1 Corridor, junction 10 – 28) providing you will be willing to travel to our current and new sites from time to time to understand and get involved with internal teams and your external clients.
Please apply via the apply for job button below.