TopHat is looking for urban designers/masterplanners at all levels of experience, to join its team in London.
Turning great ideas into reality, TopHat is a revolutionary provider of homes that builds communities and implements solutions for intelligent, adaptable and inclusive urban environments. This is an opportunity to join a fast growing TopHat technology urban design team that develops innovative strategies and infrastructure for data-driven urban development and digitalised design and planning process.
We are currently looking for talented urban designers/master planners with a range of different levels of experience. We always value passionate and research driven individuals, who appreciate the benefits of multidisciplinary working and enjoy working in a collaborative team.
You should have a good understanding of UK planning framework and housing sector as well as a great interest in current trends and issues in urban design and spatial typologies.
The requirements are:
- a post-graduate master’s degree in urban design/housing with a background in architecture would be preferable
- excellent drawing and graphic skills with strong design ability using Revit, Auto-Cad and Adobe Creative Suite, Rhino would be an advantage
- great portfolio of work with a variety of projects at a range of scales and types with strong focus on master planning and housing typologies
- UK housing and/or mixed-use urban development project experience (minimum two to three years)
- proven experience in master planning applications drafting
- ability to produce design reports and presentations
- keen interest in urban/suburban master planning and placemaking strategies
- friendly and creative attitude
- effective ability to communicate with people at all levels and backgrounds, including the design team and external consultants
- spatial data analysis capacity as well as GIS and data visualisation skills would be highly desirable, although we would consider applicants without it if represents strong design capabilities
Job type: full-time/permanent
Location: Central London
Salary: depending on experience
If you would like to find out more about us then please send your CV, along with a covering letter and samples of your work by clicking the ‘apply’ link below.