Trahan Architects is looking for a senior designer to join its growing team in New Orleans.
Trahan Architects is an international award-winning architecture firm based in New Orleans, LA, that focuses on cultural, educational, assembly, and mixed-use projects throughout the United States and overseas. The firm strives to fulfill the aspirations of clients while being mindful of the impact on both natural and social environments. Trahan’s globally recognized projects demonstrate a high level of technological sophistication coupled with a quiet sense of beauty. Notable projects include the Louisiana Museum and Sports Hall of Fame, the River City Library in Baton Rouge, and The Alliance Theatre at the Woodruff Arts Center in Atlanta, Georgia. The firm has design studios in New York, NY and Chicago, IL.
We are looking for a professional, full-time senior designer to join our diverse team. The position offers the opportunity to engage in challenging work within an award-winning, collaborative practice that strives for design excellence. The senior designer will be directly involved in a range of project types, exploring form and function, with a strong focus on materiality. We are searching for someone who is committed to the collective questioning of how our process and work can contribute to the health of our ecologies, cities, and economies with design solutions that are simultaneously timeless and progressive.
- a professional architecture degree is required
- strong design talent with seven plus years professional experience in a recognized firm, licensure desired
- competency in all conventional aspects of architecture. Proven ability to create designs and plans for all project phases, including coordinating design consultants and monitoring drawings
- responsible for technical design aspects of an assigned project including investigation, evaluation, and recommendation of design solutions
- strong ability to develop and articulate design concepts in a collaborative environment
- experience in providing architectural consultation in the planning, design and coordination of projects
- experience in decision making on design problems and methods
- experience in executing tasks requiring the development of new or improved techniques and procedures
- proficiency in Revit, Rhino and Adobe Creative Suite is required. Experience with Autocad, Parametric modeling – Grasshopper and Maya is desirable
- computer rendering experience with VRay is desirable
- experience with modeling tools such as 3D printers and laser cutters is preferred
- good interpersonal and communications capabilities
- strong, positive references
In order to be considered for employment, all applicants must show proof of US citizenship or authorization to work in the United States.
- challenging work within an award-winning design-focused practice
- exploration in form, function, and materiality
- collaboration with a team in search of design excellence
- creation of work that is simultaneously timeless and forward-thinking
- developing a range of challenging project types nationally and internationally
Please apply online at:www.trahanarchitects.com/people and scroll down to Careers.
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest including a resume and samples of previous work. Materials should be in a single PDF file format and should not exceed 7MB. Please do not send links to websites or other online files or your application will not be reviewed.
No phone calls please.