Trifle* is recruiting a mid-weight designer to join its team in London.
Full time (five days per week) – from Old Street studio with some home working
Start date ASAP
Trifle* is a human-centric workspace design practice based in a studio near Old Street, East London. We have a small and talented team of designers, managers and doers. We are extremely passionate about our work and care for our clients and each other. We offer flexible working and work together from our new studio or at client meetings three days each week with home working available for the rest of the week.
The successful candidate would have successfully worked on workspace design projects from inception to completion for a minimum period of three years and be able to demonstrate proof of delivering original and quality design work.
Your essential skills:
- ability to work collaboratively in creative groups and produce conceptual designs for new projects
- high level of proficiency in AutoCAD, Photoshop, SketchUp
- excellent time management
- three plus years’ experience in dealing with suppliers and contractors
- confident in producing FF&E specifications with pricing, materials and finishes
- excellent communication skills including verbal, written and visual
- exceptional attention to detail
- excellent standard of both verbal and written English
- taking briefs from clients and creating spatial plans and drawing packs in AutoCAD from concept through to as-builts in line with RIBA project stages
- site surveys/checks
- working with the team to develop design schemes for a variety of projects
- specifying FF&E, preparing mood and sample boards
- briefing visualisers
- coordinating with internal and external project team members
- researching new furniture and finishes
- knowledge/interest in sustainability and responsible design
- good knowledge of lighting design and fixtures will also be welcome
- an interest in the evolving world of work and applying this knowledge to design will be a bonus
Trifle* is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.
Please submit a cover letter with your CV and portfolio via the apply for job button below.