Trifle* is looking for a senior workspace designer to join its London studio.
We are a creative, collaborative team made up of spatial and interior designers, workplace strategists and consultants that create inspiring, human centric, working environments making work-life better for our clients.
The ideal candidate will have had at least eight years’ experience working on design projects from concept through to completion with a strong bias towards innovative workspace design. We value strong interpersonal skills, as well as a positive self-motivated and highly proactive attitude. You must have a flexible approach, and be able to work on your own, as well as collaboratively – communicating well with all other members of the project team. In return, you shall be able to work on a variety of exciting creative projects, contributing and being part of a boutique & innovative design studio.
- eight years’ experience in workspace/commercial design
- ability to work flexibly in a fast paced environment
- highly creative, strong conceptual design and presentation experience
- ability to work with the creative director to lead and quickly conceptualise the creative vision – this could be in the form of hand sketches; Photoshop renders; or SketchUp
- experience of creating working drawings and tender documents from concept to completion (experience with construction documents is a plus)
- experience with specifying construction finishes and fittings
- knowledge of contract furniture and lighting
- demonstrate both technical and creativity competency
- strong leadership, organisation, communication and relationship management skills
- project direction and management skills are essential, as you will be responsible for planning fee schedules and resourcing along with our studio manager
- manage and run the design process – this includes understanding the deliverables in relation to the client project requirements and other constraints (e.g. procurement route; building/landlord requirements); and planning in what input is needed when from and from whom
- oversee and maintain design intent during the construction phase
- ability to communicate and liaise confidently with contractors; sub-contractors and other consultants (i.e. acoustic engineers; health and safety consultant)
- knowledge of UK industry building control legislation and standards
- excellent working knowledge of AutoCAD, SketchUp, MS Office, Adobe Suite (Experience with V-Ray or other rendering software is a plus)
- an individual who will continually question the norm and challenge us to rethink the design process or the workspace industry
- experience with workspace consultancy (research and analysis work to uncover client requirements)
- experience of the tendering process
- experience of mentoring and inspiring the design team
- knowledge of BIM
- site experience
- cost control and risk management
- knowledge of lighting design
The role is four days p/w and we offer a flexible work-life in a small but gorgeous, friendly studio in Bethnal Green.
Please submit applications using the ‘apply’ link below.