Trifle* has an opportunity for a senior designer to join its team in London.
Based in Old Street, London with some flexible working.
Trifle* are looking for a senior designer to join our East London studio on a permanent basis. We are a creative, collaborative team that is made up of spatial and interior designers, workplace strategists and consultants that create inspiring, insightful working environments that make work-life better.
The ideal candidate will have had at least eight years’ experience (five years in the UK), working on design projects from concept through to completion with a strong bias towards innovative workspace design. We value strong interpersonal skills, as well as a positive, self-motivated and highly proactive attitude. In return, you shall be able to work on a variety of exciting creative projects, contributing and being part of a boutique and innovative design studio.
- eight years’ experience in workspace/commercial design
- ability to work flexibly in a fast paced environment
- highly creative conceptual design and presentation experience
- expertise in coordinating drawing packs from all collaborators on large-scale projects, including architects, contractors and specialist consultants
- experience of briefing technical designers and overseeing technical drawing packs
- expertise in specifying finishes and fittings
- knowledge of contract lighting and design
- demonstrate both technical and creativity competency
- strong leadership, organisation, communication and relationship management skills
- able to oversee and maintain design intent during the construction phase
- knowledge of UK industry building control legislation and standards
- excellent working knowledge of AutoCAD, SketchUp, MS Office, Adobe Suite
- an individual who will continually question the norm and challenge us to rethink the design process or the workspace industry
- experience with workspace consultancy (research and analysis work to uncover client requirements)
- experience of mentoring and inspiring the design team
- experience within hospitality design
Trifle* is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.
Interested candidates should apply with an up to date portfolio, example drawing pack, CV and cover letter via the apply for job button below.